Job title: Security
Company: Sioux-Hudson Employment Services
Job description: Job Description
Reports To: Security Manager
The Security Guard will be responsible for safeguarding the overall security of the Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre, its staff, patients, visitors and property whilst also providing effective reception, security and emergency response services.
- Current valid Ontario Security Guard license required
- Minimum Grade 12 or GED required
- 2-year Law and Security or Police Foundations Course preferred
- 2 years prior security experience preferred (preferably in a Health Care Environment)
- Must have current valid driver’s license and a clean drivers abstract.
- Conflict Avoidance/Physical disengagement training preferred
- Use of Force certification preferred
- Hospital Aggression Response Training (with certification in PINEL Restraint Systems) preferred
- Current Criminal Records Check is required
- Excellent computer skills
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Awareness of the need for confidentiality
- Ability to work on your feet for your entire shift
- Ability to speak / understand Oji-Cree is an asset
- Successfully pass all training component requirements and maintain certifications as required per regulation and hospital policy to perform you job duties.
- Working knowledge of proper security and surveillance techniques
- Working knowledge of Principles and practices of emergency response, Use of Force, Hospital Aggression Response Training
- Ability to walk stand and sit for long periods of time
- Must be available to work all assigned shifts, including night shifts
- Must be physically able to perform duties of the position
$22.03 – $23.83 per hour
Benefits in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Recruitment
Box 909, Sioux Lookout, On P8T 1B4
(807) 737-3030, Email: , Fax: (807) 737-6263
Please quote on your application.
Visit our website: for more information. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility
Expected salary: $22.03 – 23.83 per hour
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Job date: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 07:17:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!