Job title: Mid – Career Stress Analysis Engineer
Job description: Mid – Career Stress Analysis Engineer
Company: The Boeing Company
Job ID: 00000340085
Date Posted: 2023-09-08
Location: USA – Long Beach, CA
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space, and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, our customers, and the world. We are continually evolving the state of the art in commercial air transport
The Space & Defense Stress Team within the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) organization, located at the Southern California Global Design Center in Long Beach, is seeking an experienced Structural Analysis Engineer to support military programs.
This role may require some travel to support our customers and provide learning experiences to enhance your career. This role also offers a flexible work schedule options while supporting our onsite coordination.
- Develops, integrates and documents structural requirements to establish the system design.
- Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the product’s environment.
- Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by using analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance.
- Develops test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Defines and documents certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied.
- Supports in-service products by investigating failures and analyzing improvements.
- Works under general direction.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Export Control Requirement:
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience with Finite Element Models (FEM)
- 3+ years of experience in structural analysis
- Able to independently construct, execute, review, and manage structural finite element models
- Experience with structural design principles for aircraft primary structures (e.g., fatigue, damage tolerance, stress analysis, statics, materials strength, and material characteristics)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Hypermesh, Abaqus CAE, PATRAN, and/or NASTRAN
- Experience validating or verifying finite element model results
- Strong written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Experience with Aircraft Primary Structures on military aircrafts or Boeing Commercial Derivatives – Commercial and/or Military applications (737, 747, 757, 767 & 777)
- Experience with additional structural design principles for aircraft primary structures (e.g. corrosion, repair techniques)
- Experience with Global FEM work
- Experience with Boeing Commercial Derivatives methods: Books 1 – 4, FAA certification, Part 25 (25.571), Part 26, Alternative methods of compliance (AMOCs)
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD or Master + 3 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift.
$98,700 – $134,650
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based on candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation: Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive: This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award Program This position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level: Individual Contributor – 3
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: 6G5DI3 (63Y)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud –
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation –
Applicant Privacy –
EEO is the law Poster –
Boeing Policy on EEO –
Affirmative Action and Harassment –
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
- English –
- Spanish –
Right to Work Statement
- English –
- Spanish –
Expected salary: $98700 – 134650 per year
Location: Long Beach, CA
Job date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 06:56:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!