Job title: Employment Specialist
Company: Families Forward
Job description: At Families Forward, Employment Specialists provide exemplary employment-focused case management services to assist individuals receiving TANF benefits to address barriers and achieve employment goals. The caseload includes individuals considered “job-ready” and those with medical barriers.
Wage/Salary Starting at $42,000
Essential Job Functions:
- Establishes trust and rapport with program participants.
- Conducts comprehensive intakes to assist participants with understanding and exploring their needs, strengths, interest, aptitudes, experience, and capabilities.
- Partners with participants to jointly develop a service plan known as a Family Contract Amendment (FCA) which outlines their short-term and long-term employment and other goals which are consistent with their skills, interests, and preference as they related to work.
- Meets regularly with participants (minimum once a month) on their caseload, documents progress towards goals and provides an ongoing orientation to ensure that participants are clear on their TANF and program requirements.
- Builds effective partnerships with external providers to ensure that participants have access to and utilize needed services and supports.
- Maintains exceptional record keeping and documents all communication and contact with participants and external partners in FedcapCARES.
- Makes requests for needed support services (childcare, transportation, educational services, and others) to the Office Family Independence (OFI) Support Services Unit in accordance with policies and procedures to assist participants with achieving the requirements of their FCA.
- Upholds all agency policies and expectations in performing their job.
- Runs report in FedcapCARES and use data to plan daily and weekly tasks.
- Contact and reschedule participants who miss appointments with them.
- Secures releases and builds effective communication with their participant’s medical, behavioral health, and other providers.
- May work with a targeted caseload focusing on a specific group or group such as two-parent families, individuals enrolled in higher education, and others.
- Represents Fedcap with all stakeholders and in the community in a positive and professional manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education and/or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated track record for providing exceptional customer service.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Mission: Fedcap, Inc. makes high outcome, life-changing, sustainable differences for individuals and families to improve their economic well-being through work.
Fedcap, Inc. offers a wide array of programs and services to help individuals achieve success in education and employment and become self-sufficient adults. Our specific focus areas include case management, work readiness, vocational and employer based training, job placement and post placement supports.
Fedcap, Inc. provides a broad range of services to thousands of individuals across a growing footprint, helping them achieve economic and social well-being. Our team of talented, caring staff are passionate about our work. They are committed to ensuring that every individual served can experience the dignity that comes from a job.
Fedcap, Inc. launched as part of The Fedcap Group in 2018.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Expected salary: $42000 per year
Location: Lewiston, ME
Job date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 22:57:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!