Job title: WFS Employment Specialist
Company: Goodwill Industries
Job description: Closes: 10/1/23 – Lewiston, ID – Full-time/Hourly
Wage: $18.00 p/h
NOTE: Please apply early, as this job posting is subject to removal before the deadline if sufficient number of qualified applications are received. Thank you.
Provide employment services to individuals with disabilities and disadvantages to include evaluation, assessment, training, coaching, placement, and retention services. Supervise and/or provide direct employment services to both funded and unfunded program participants earning commensurate or non-commensurate wages. Housing services experience and Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must have valid driver license with personal auto insurance as well as pass background and driver record check.
Education /nd/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist with the development and implementation of programs and services.
- Assist with screening of referrals for appropriate program and service options.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with participants, referral agencies, employers and all team members.
- Follow up on participant progress, providing encouragement as needed.
- Ensure all paperwork, data entry and related activities are current, accurate, and in compliance. Includes case notes, job logs, and service reports.
- Stay informed of state and federal laws affecting the organization and the people it serves.
- Provide services in accordance with CARF standards, principles of safety and Goodwill policies, procedures, and directives assuring safety of personnel or property..
- Assist participants in achieving the highest level of independent functioning while receiving services.
- Facilitate Person Centered Planning to determine vocational goals, recommend appropriate services to achieve goals, and oversee the program and goals agreed upon. Revise as necessary.
- Review each participant’s referral information, vocational assessments, psychological profiles, work assets and/or limitations, and other available information to determine appropriate job match.
- Provide hands on supervision and support to participants/employees during their learning and performance of job duties at a variety of work locations.
- Develop and conduct job-readiness services to ensure participant receives necessary assistance and instruction in resume writing, job search, interviewing techniques, employer expectations, hygiene, self-esteem building, etc.
- Educate individuals with regards to educational and career planning opportunities.
- Assist employer with participant training, support, and job accommodations, to include assistive technology needs.
- Assist employer in developing natural supports for participants to include analysis, teaching and behavior management.
- Educate employers and community menbers about the effectiveness, profitability, and benefits of employing individuals with disabilities or disadvantages.
- Provide Independent Living services as directed by contract and service plan/authorization, if applicable.
- Maintain agency confidentiality. Violation of confidentiality is cause for immediate dismissal.
- Comply with all health, safety and fire standards and all local, state and federal regulations (WISHA & OSHA).
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Expected salary: $18 per hour
Location: Lewiston, ID
Job date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 22:52:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!