Job title: Temporary Employment Services (TES) Medical Office Pool
Company: University of California
Job description: This position is responsible for sustaining an environment of intrinsic good will for the practice while providing optimum services to patients. Perform a variety of clinical/patient support functions. May provide support for multiple departments/clinical teams for which it is assigned during the course of employment.
Work may involve activities such as computer system operations, medical office reception work, patient scheduling, registration, pre-admission, admission, and discharge. Medical records maintenance, verification of insurance, referral and authorization coordination, case management, cashiering duties, telephone coordination and general support to staff.
Temporary Employment Services provides temporary employees to various departments throughout UC Davis Campus in Davis and UC Davis Health Campus in Sacramento, at the request of the departments. Employees can elect to be considered for assignments on either or both campuses. The available assignments can be full-time, part-time and short-term or long-term in duration. Medical Office Service Coordinators, Hospital Unit Service Coordinators and Patient Access Representatives are limited to 5.5 months.
Varies per job title, see below:
Medical Office Service Coordinator (MOSC)
$23.38 – $29.45/Hr.
ACCESS REP SR.
ACCESS REP PRINCIPAL
No. of Positions
Temporary / Limited
Percentage of time
Varies but may average up to 40hrs. / WK
Sacramento and Davis positions
Yes (Mid-level only)
Apply by Date
11:59pm October 3, 2023
May be required to:
- Perform work in a wide variety of work environments.
- Work a flexible schedule to include occasional overtime, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Work in an environment with multiple interruptions.
- Sit, stand, bend or walk for extended periods of time.
- Maneuver items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Positions require a background check and may require a pre-placement medical exam.
Must complete mandatory training within 15 days from start date of first assignment. * In addition, those assigned at UCDHS must complete the HIPAA Privacy and Security Training prior to placement.
- Temporary Employment Services assigns jobs throughout UCD campus and Health encompassing a wide-variety of work environments.
- Must complete mandatory training within 15 days from start date of first assignment. In addition, those assigned at UCDHS must complete the HIPAA Privacy and Security Training.
- This position is subject to medical surveillance procedures and review in accordance with Federal and State Laws and regulations and University Policy.
- UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all co-workers; to consistently interact with patients and other members of the public with patience, courtesy and professionalism, both in person and on the telephone; and to effectively respond to individuals who may be angry or upset.
- Skills to use computer system applications including electronic mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and medical office management, (i.e. scheduling, template maintenance, maintenance of demographic and insurance information).
- Typing skills to use computer keyboard for timely and accurate input and production.
- Writing skills, using proper grammar, spelling and punctuation to compose messages and/or routine correspondence, which is clear, concise and easy to understand.
- Bookkeeping skills to maintain accurate records of patient financial transactions, prepare related financial reports, balance cash box, and prepare deposits.
- Organizational skills to establish priorities for own work within stated guidelines; respond flexibly to changes in priorities; and maintain work effectiveness in a setting with a high volume of patient activity and frequent interruptions.
- Knowledge of practices and protocols related to medical office procedures, (i.e. medical terminology, appointments, medical records, insurance verification, cashiering, billing, etc.)
Knowledge of all pertinent laws, regulations, and guidelines governing medical records; confidentiality, privacy, and provision to others, including HIPAA.
Experience with an electronic health record (EHR), or electronic medical (EMR) system.
Knowledge of health care insurance systems, which may include Medi-Cal, Medicare, HMO, PPO, fee-for-service, county funded coverage, and workers’ compensation, to properly obtain and track authorizations, appoint patients, make referrals for consults, diagnostics and ancillary services,
Coordinate hospital services, complete and submit billing documentation, and explain provisions and requirements to patients.
Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS coding to identify services performed; including diagnoses, procedures, and supplies.
Filing skills to maintain logs and files of information in alphabetical, chronological and/or numerical order, such that it is current and easily retrievable.
A valid CA Driver’s License may be required.
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At UC Davis, we’re solving life’s most urgent challenges to bring a fuller, healthier, and more resilient world within reach. We grow from every challenge we take on and we don’t just maintain – we improve.
We recognize that creating an inclusive and intellectually vibrant organization means understanding and valuing both our individual differences and our common ground. The most comprehensive solutions come from the most diverse minds and you belong here.
As you consider joining UC Davis, please explore our , our and for research and education, and our latest efforts to .
The advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Expected salary: $23.38 – 29.45 per hour
Location: Sacramento, CA
Job date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 06:31:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!