Job title: Supported Employment Specialist
Company: Easter Seals Florida
Job description: Salary is $18.25 per hour – Full time 37.5 hours per week plus benefits
Easterseals Florida is currently seeking a Supported Employment Specialist to join our compassionate team of professionals in Brevard County, FL and to make a difference in the lives of adults with disabilities. We are seeking an energetic, positive individual who is passionate about helping adults with disabilities gain independence through job readiness training and employment opportunities. The Supported Employment Specialist provides vocational counseling, employability and skills training, job development, job placement and job coaching. Your impact will empower independence.
What we offer:
- Live and on demand Professional Development opportunities
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Several Supplemental Insurance Policies
- 403B Savings Plan
- Easterseals Cares Wellness Program
- Work Life Balance
- The Opportunity to Make a Difference in the Community and the Organization
Easterseals Florida has been rated a 2020, 2021 and 2022 Great Place to Work by our employees! We provide services daily that are leading the way to 100% equity, inclusion and access for people living with disabilities, families, and communities. Working at Easterseals is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families, and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
A snapshot of what you’ll do:
- Identify and assess potential candidates through screening to determine barriers and appropriate placements
- Provide vocational counseling, including identification of appropriate vocational objectives
- Provide assistance in obtaining job readiness skills, job searching, job placement, on-the-job training, job coaching and support
- Network and build professional relationships with community employers to facilitate employment opportunities for consumers/clients
- Perform situational assessments of all potential positions to determine suitable job matches
- Four (4) years of experience or employment in a public vocational rehabilitation program; experience in job placement, job coaching, or counseling; or other related experience working with persons with disabilities; or
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources or economics and one years’ experience as described above; or
- A Master’s degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources or economics and six (6) months’ experience as described above; or
- An Associate’s degree, or a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an unrelated field and two years’ experience as described above.
- Training in supported employment is a plus
- Ability to meet our approved driver qualifications in order to drive your personal vehicle for program related business
- Due to the need to drive for the organization to complete job functions, you must be at least 21 years old
- Ability to market our programs and services in the community with clear and consistent messaging
- Ability to build relationships with employers and other entities in the community
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Easterseals Florida is an AA/EEO employer and Drug Free Workplace (DFWP) (including medical marijuana).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Expected salary: $18.25 per hour
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Job date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 22:19:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!