Job title: Export and Controlled Goods Governance Officer
Company: Express Employment Professionals
Job description: Share
Located in Ottawa, ON
Salary: $90,000 – $100,000 / year
Our exclusive client, one of the largest and most reputable international defence companies in the world, with an office located in downtown Ottawa, is currently looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Export and Controlled Goods Governance Officer to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be tasked with liaising with both internal and external subject matter experts to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and compliance guidelines for the Canadian operations of the company.
Why work for this organization?
- Hybrid work arrangement – 3 days in office / 2 days work-from-home
- Excellent hours – 8 hour per day, half day on Fridays (37hrs / week)
- Reputable international company / part of a small tight knit local team
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Health and Dental benefits
- RRSP Match up to 5%
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Employee Assistance Program
- Collaborative environment
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a governance position required
- Previous experience in supply chain / logistics is ideal, but not mandatory
- Previous experience working in the Defence industry considered an asset
- Strong English communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Previous experience using MS Excel
- Adaptable and Resourceful
- Great team player who can also work well independently
- Must have clean Criminal Record and ability to obtain Enhanced Reliability level Security Clearance – Current valid clearance (Leve 1 or above) considered an asset
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and liaise with internal and external subject matter experts to develop SOPs and compliance guidelines
- Communicate the SOPs / Guidelines to logistics and supply chain divisions for implementation and process improvement
- Key point of contact on export control matters within the operations
- Manage the Controlled Goods program and domestic export controls and other relevant jurisdictions including the US requirements
- Provide advice on ITAR Agreements – Technical Assistance and Manufacturing License
- Review and approve/reject Supplier Declaration forms and manual transfer requests
- Ensure compliance with applicable licences relating to inbound and outbound movements of material and data
- Develop export control compliance by assessing root causes of issues and applying remedial actions, including the development and maintenance of lessons learnt and corrective actions
- Undertake formal and regulatory export controls investigations and formulate evidence and establish a determination against any potential breaches
- Undertake risk and opportunity management using formal business methodologies and establish risk mitigation plans and reviews
- Implement export control policy and process including preparing and delivering training to cross functional stakeholders in ensuring an acceptable standard of knowledge and awareness is present across the Business to meet Group and Regulatory requirements
- Lead and provide expertise in audits of compliance against business processes across all sites, functions and projects
- Help to maintain accurate records and up-to-date set of written export control procedures for the business unit
- Other duties as required
Monday to Friday – 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to start as early as 7:00am.
The salary for this position ranges between $90,000 – $100,000per year depending on experience.
If you are interested and believe you meet the specified qualifications, please reply to this ad with your Resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Express Employment Professionals; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Express Office: Ottawa
2733 Lancaster Road
Ottawa, ON K1B 0A9
Expected salary: $90000 – 100000 per year
Location: Ottawa, ON
Job date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 22:32:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!