Job title: Labor & Employment Associate Attorney
Job description: Labor & Employment Associate Attorney
A well-respected boutique business law firm is seeking an associate attorney with a background in civil defense. This is a great opportunity for budding associate attorneys to manage their own caseload. You can expect to represent employers in class actions, PAGA representative actions, harassment/discrimination/retaliation claims, governmental investigations, and provide advice and counseling on difficult employment issues. Ideal applicants will enjoy working in an entrepreneurial firm setting, be skilled in both litigation matters and client interaction, and enjoys educating clients and helping them with their business problems.
- 1-5 years of litigation experience (preferably in employment law)
- Experience with wage and hour class action and PAGA representative action required
- Must be able to manage cases independently, take depositions, argue key motions, and recommend litigation strategy
- Experience in proceedings before the labor commissioner, EEOC, and other governmental agencies
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional writing and communication skills
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- Licensed in CA
- Small well-established firm comprised of attorneys from “big law”
- Collegial environment with a close-knit office culture
- Competitive compensation from $140K-$200K DOE, plus bonuses
- Full health benefits, vacation, and 401(k)
The position entails all aspects of litigation, including case strategy, managing discovery, drafting motions, taking and defending depositions, and court appearances. It’s an ideal position for an attorney who can take ownership of cases and help clients achieve outstanding results.
Please forward your resume in confidence – or contact Jordan directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Expected salary: $140000 – 200000 per year
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 22:46:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!