Job title: Employment Development Specialist 3: Colville (Part-Time)
Company: Washington State
Job description: Description
The ideal candidate will be open and respond well to change, demonstrating empathy and able to adapt to approaches in problem solving while being respectful of cultural differences with clients and partners. They are highly organized, a strategic thinker, and skilled at remaining calm under pressure.
We are looking for a dynamic customer focused Employment Development Specialist working within the center. You will support all WorkSource lines of business and ready to serve all WorkSource customers. You will provide direct services to job seekers and employers within the WorkSource Office and represent the agency in providing integrated service delivery to all customers. You will directly support the agencies mission by partnering to connect employers and job seekers. This is a part-time, project position with an approximate end date of 6/30/2024.
Your phenomenal computer and communication skills will be relied upon as you explain program participation requirements and complete enrollments. You will be relied upon to communicate clearly and concisely in person, virtually, by telephone and in writing. You will be consistent in addressing customer needs in a timely fashion anticipating their needs and able to gain confidence and trust by ensuring long term needs are met. This is a project-based, part-time position that offers between 20 and 40 hours weekly. This position is anticipated to work closer to 40 hours during peak season (October-February) and maintain closer to 20 hours weekly as seasonal business needs vary.
Some of what you will do:
- With the assistance of staff, conduct group and individual in-depth interviews, partial and full registrations, and review items such as job readiness, employment barriers, and other relevant areas to the customer’s need.
- Provide information to customers about the full range of agency services and programs, explain the requirements, and direct them to the appropriate internal or external resources and/or support services.
- Provide career and/or employment guidance and training information, refer customers to job search training providers and/or resources through WorkSource and/or partner services.
- Outline labor market information and opportunities, assist with development of action/job search plans, and refer customers to WorkSourceWA and/or other external job openings.
- Record and maintain notes, service plans, and performance outcomes in multiple data management systems.
- Facilitate Job Hunter series and other employment related workshops.
- Answer phone calls and direct to the appropriate team as well as providing timely responses to email and face-to-face interactions.
- Collaborate with WorkSource partners regarding enrollments, programs guidelines and services.
Option 1: A combination of education and/or relevant experience (such as workforce development, social or human resource services, public relations, or professional public contact work such as: customer service, unemployment insurance, social services, human resource services, education, public relations, benefits programs, insurance claims, law enforcement and banking) totaling no less than six (6) years.
Option 2: One (1) year of experience as a WorkSource Specialist 2 within the Employment Security Department, or in an equivalent class with another state’s Employment Security agency.
Education to Experience Equivalences:
Associate Degree = 2 years | Bachelor Degree = 4 years | Masters or Higher = 5 years
** A Master’s degree will substitute for one year of the required experience.
Additional Requirement of Employment:
- Must be able to pass an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Claim & Benefit Information Review.
Please submit your Cover Letter, and Resume with your through the “Add Attachments” field. A resume will not substitute for the “work experience” section of the application or vice versa. Applications with blank fields, or supplemental question responses with comments such as “see attachments” may be considered incomplete.
Why work with us?
Our drive every decision that we make, determine how we interact with others and are at the core of who we are. We value Access, Love, Belonging, Equity, Stewardship. We understand that a work environment that respects your work/life balance is key; that’s why many of our positions are eligible for flexible work schedules and teleworking opportunities. Through support, value, and trust, our employees are empowered to grow and develop into their best self.
Opportunity for All
We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, sexual orientation, and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, people with disabilities, people over 40 years of age, people with religious beliefs, veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply.
The Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
If you are a person needing assistance in the application process, if you need this job announcement in an alternate format, or if you have general questions about this opportunity, please contact or the , or Washington Relay Service 711. If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing, or completing your application, please contact email@example.com or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960, Washington Relay 711.
Expected salary: $22.84 – 30.7 per hour
Location: Colville, WA
Job date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 05:15:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!