Job title: The Budget and Reporting Coordinator
Company: Sioux-Hudson Employment Services
Job description: Job Description
The Budget and Reporting Coordinator
Location: Sioux Lookout, Ontario
Salary Range $65,209 to 83.928 per annum
Reference Number: 2023-125
If applying by email, indicate reference number in subject line
The Budget and Reporting Coordinator plays a key role in the financial management of Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority. The Budget Coordinator is responsible for developing, monitoring, and maintaining SLFNHA budgets, ensuring that financial resources are effectively allocated to support its mission and goals. The Budget and Reporting Coordinator collaborates with Senior Management and budget holders to create accurate budgets, track expenses, and provide financial analysis to support decision-making. The coordinator will work with program areas to ensure reporting of financial and program results are submitted on-time.
- Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
- The ability to perform the requirements of the position on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Financial designation or working toward an asset.
- Two years’ experience in budgeting, financial analysis, or financial management, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Experience with reporting to Ministry of Health and other funding agencies.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail skills.
- Knowledge of Sage intacct, would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of economic principles, budgeting processes, and financial analysis.
- Proven background and advanced knowledge in using financial software such as Microsoft excel and spreadsheets is a must.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of relevant financial regulations and compliance requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with senior management and budget holders to develop annual program budgets.
- Gather financial information, historical data, and programmatic details to create comprehensive and realistic budgets.
- Gather financial information to monitor and report on quarterly reports due to funders.
- Assist in the development of SLFNHA specific software to monitor reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Work to keep the SLFNHA specific up to date and organize reporting requirements within the software.
- Ensure alignment of budgetary goals with SLFHA’s strategic objectives and programming.
- Develop and maintain budget templates, guidelines, and procedures to facilitate the budgeting process.
- Monitor budget execution and track actual expenditures against the approved budget.
- Identify and investigate budget variances and provide timely reports.
- Generate financial reports and dashboards to communicate budget performance, trends, and recommendations for corrective action.
- Assist in preparing financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and guidelines.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- Conduct financial analysis to support decision-making and assess the economic viability of new initiatives.
- Work closely with Research Financial Analyst (Funding) in regard to existing and new funding proposals.
- Track funding income and expenditures, ensuring compliance with funding requirements and reporting deadlines.
- Stay up to date with relevant financial regulations, accounting standards, and nonprofit best practices.
- Assist with internal and external audits, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain accurate financial records and documentation related to budgetary activities.
- Collaborate with various departments to gather information and support budget-related decision-making.
- Provide financial guidance and support to senior management and budget holders.
- Communicate budget-related information, policies, and guidelines to senior management and budget holders.
- All other duties as assigned.
Apply online at
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.
Closing Date: September 13th, 2023 at 16:30p.m CST
No resumes received after this time will be accepted.
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
Expected salary: $65209 – 83928 per year
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Job date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 03:44:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!