Job title: FCS Employment Specialist (Compass Career Solutions – Dungarvin)
Job description: Company Description
Compass Career Solutions- Dungarvin
Embrace the opportunity to positively change someone’s life!
Join our team as an FCS Employment Specialist
Are you ready for a career that allows you to have a positive impact on your community?
Compass Career Solutions, sister company to Dungarvin, strives to be the provider of choice for services that are personalized and enrich people’s lives. Our Employment team is responsible for providing client-driven case management services some of which include identifying and eliminating barriers to employment
Location: Olympia, WA
Wage: $22/hour starting rate of pay
Monday-Friday daytime hours with flexibility needed for some nights and weekends
- Medical and Dental Insurance (employees who work 30 hours or more)
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- 401 K plan (pending eligibility requirements)
- Paid Time Off (employees who work 30 hours or more)
- Growth Opportunities
- Company provided hardware and cellphone
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts for local and national brands.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintain knowledge of Foundational Community Supports (FCS) and Aging and Long Term Support Administration (ALTSA) eligibility
- Conduct assessments and interviews with clients to determine eligibility.
- Discover and maintain knowledge of clients, their employment goals, potential employer matches, and other case mgt. needs.
- Assist clients to assess and further their career growth and skills.
- Assist clients in obtaining gainful employment at wages at or above minimum wage.
- Provide ongoing employment related soft and hard skills development to assist clients in obtaining and retaining independent employment.
- Document data and notes to document the individual’s progress toward goals on barrier, employment/ service plans.
- Make connections to maintain strong community partnerships with other service providers and employers.
- Represent Compass at professional meetings, community events, and to members of the community.
- Attend and actively participate in scheduled internal and external meetings.
- Travel throughout the area and provide transportation to clients as needed.
- Ability to use assigned technology as directed in the community. Laptop, cell phone and designated software.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a preference for a Bachelor’s degree in the social service field.
- A valid driver’s license, insurance, and own vehicle transportation
- Self-starter, excellent time management skills, and proactive problem solver
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Technology savvy – Especially Microsoft Office Applications and Zoom. PC and Android devices. One-year related experience and/or training working with people in crisis, specifically in employment services.
- Ability to perform CPR/First Aide as needed
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
At Compass and Dungarvin, diversity and inclusion are a part of what makes our organization strong. Together, we can continue to work towards an inclusive culture that supports our employees and persons served. Compass and Dungarvin are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers.
Expected salary: $22 per hour
Location: Olympia, WA
Job date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 05:38:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!