Job title: Employer Liaison, Youth Job Connections
Company: ACCES Employment
Job description: Employer Liaison
Program: Youth Job Connections Program (YJC)
1-Year Contract with Possibility of Extension
ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario, and Canada. ACCES helps more than 42,000 job seekers each year at seven locations in the GTA. As a charitable not-for-profit organization, ACCES provides job search services that connect newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women, and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 35 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills, and experience of Canada’s population.
We are looking for skilled talent who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment to join our team. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
This position is responsible for the creation of employment opportunities for ACCES clients in our Youth Job Connections Program. As an Employer Liaison, the individual in this position will also be working closely with the ACCES Employment Consulting team, all community partner agencies, and employers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement marketing and outreach strategy to employers
- Liaise with community professionals, unions, and employers to create competitive jobs, apprenticeship and employment opportunities
- Monitor all placements, oversee training plan development, and conduct on-going follow-up to ensure successful employment outcomes for program participants
- Integrate work with all ACCES staff, in particular with Employment Consultant team
- Provide employment preparation and employability group sessions and individual resource centre support when required
- Provide culturally sensitive employment services including intake and assessment, one-to-one and group employment counselling and referrals when required
- Arrange job fairs and networking events
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Business or Sales Degree or equivalent
- 3 or more years’ experience in job development, employer outreach, employment counseling and/or recruitment
- Knowledge of/experience working with youth, new immigrants, and employers is a strong asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of labour market information and trends
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector and/or employment sector is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work and co-operate in a team
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Able to facilitate group activities
- Online facilitation experience and ability to navigate virtual platforms such as Zoom and MS Teams, is considered an asset
- Effective networking skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Use of own vehicle is an asset to the job; travel may be required between ACCES sites and for conducting outreach
- Experience in business development, sales, B2B recruitment is considered an asset
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
We are currently on a hybrid work schedule, working in the office and from home. This hybrid work schedule is subject to change based on business requirements.
Job status: Unionized
Contract length: 1-Year Contract with Possibility of Extension
Salary: $54,467.55 per annum (as per Union salary grid), prorated to contract duration.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applications from members of all racialized groups, gender identities and sexual orientations, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $54467.55 per year
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 22:00:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!