Job title: Youth Peer Support Worker, Employment
Company: Vancouver Coastal Health
Job description: Come work as a Youth Peer Support Worker, Employment with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Youth Peer Support Worker, Employment to join the Foundry Works team in North Vancouver, BC . Apply today to join our team!
As a Peer Support Worker, Employment, you will:
- Report to the Foundry Works Lead, the Youth Peer Support Worker-Employment, is part of an interdisciplinary team providing online and in person peer support services to youth or who have experienced mental health or substance use challenges.
- Provide a range of non-clinical, peer-based services to youth through sharing living/lived experiences including assisting in the navigation of the mental health/substance use system, while providing individualized peer-based practical, emotional and social supports.
- Work alongside Clinicians to deliver employment services.
- Facilitate peer-based groups and conducts peer information sessions and delivers services in alignment with Foundry’s Service Model.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 graduation
- Completion of a recognized Peer Support Training Program.
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience in a peer support role or an equivalent combination of education, training, peer support and employment experience.
- Lived experience with recovery from a mental illness and as a recipient of mental health and addiction services including peer knowledge of the designated service user population in the applicable program area or department.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, and work with personal and role specific limits and boundaries.
- Demonstrated ability to use one’s lived/living experience to promote positive connections with youth at differing levels of engagement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health and substance use resources and community services.
- Demonstrated ability in using a strength-based approach in sharing challenges and co-creating solutions.
- Demonstrated skill in using computers including using technology-based solutions for service delivery, documentation, and viewing screening and assessment data.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and to recognize and respond appropriately to the needs of youth.
- Knowledge of harm reduction principles and activities.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention and conflict resolution.
- Ability to develop, organize, coordinate, deliver, and evaluate individual and group activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with youth.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in youth.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to use effective interpersonal skills to establish/maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, the public and other agencies.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply online via the Internal Career Portal on CareerHub, you are currently viewing the External Career Portal. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for instructions on how to view internal job postings and how to apply as an employee. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Expected salary: $26.3 per hour
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Job date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 00:46:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!