Job title: WIOA Employment Counselor- Hilo
Company: Goodwill Industries
Job description: Job Title: Employment Counselor
Location: Hilo, Hawaii
Schedule: Full Time; Monday through Friday
Compensation: $19-19.71/hour BOE with competitive benefits package
Summary: As an Employment Counselor you will provide Case Management, Employment Preparation Services, Job Placement and Job Retention Services to program. You will also counsel participants and prepare them for employment and ensures program participants are progressing towards the goals identified in the Individual Service Plan.
We are looking for someone with great communication, can easily build rapport with individuals, and has a strong desire to help the community and those who are under privileged. If this sounds like you, apply now and start immediately!
- Maintains accurate and complete records for all program participants for the purpose of case files, reporting requirements, and monthly billing.
- Conducts outreach, intake, assessments, and orientations for the Reintegrating Individuals Program
- Collects, organizes and analyzes information about individuals through records, tests, interviews and professional sources to appraise participants’ interests, aptitudes, abilities and personality characteristics for vocational planning and/or employment placements.
- Compiles, studies, and provides occupational, educational and economic information to aid participants in making and carrying out vocational and educational objectives.
- Develops individualized employment plans for participants that include appropriate goals and objectives relative to abilities, interests, experience, assessments, financial needs and labor market trends and updates as needed. Tracks participant progress to ensure continual progression towards their goals.
- Assists individuals to understand and overcome barriers to employment and determines the support services necessary to overcome these barriers.
- Conducts pre-employment training, ESL sessions, and job development services to program participants.
- Identify vocational training opportunities in the community. Refer and coordinate vocational training for participants as needed.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with business and industry in order to educate and advise regarding program services. Establish and maintains working relationships with local employers to promote the hiring of program participants.
- Provides job placement support services to assure job maintenance and retention.
- Assists participants in identifying other resources to enhance their opportunities for employment within the community and makes referrals as needed.
- Assist in Developing and updating pre-employment training materials and curriculum
- Ability to deal effectively with difficult and on occasion, irate participants.
- Bachelor’s Degree for a four-year college or university is preferred and
- One to two years related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license
- Must have access to an insured vehicle with current safety check and registration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Human Services experience preferred
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the APPLY button and complete the online application form.
At Goodwill Hawaii our mission is simple, yet powerful, we help people with employment barriers reach their full potential and become self-sufficient. We are the third largest non-profit agency in Hawaii and our motivation is sustaining Hawaii’s community through the power of work. Last year we placed nearly 1,500 people into employment, resulting in $22 million in annual wages earned as a result of these job placements. Join the Goodwill Hawaii family and help strengthen our Hawaii community, one job at a time.
Goodwill Hawaii is committed to fully complying with all Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We also foster a drug-free work environment.
Expected salary: $19 – 19.71 per hour
Location: Hilo, HI
Job date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 07:23:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!