Job title: Employment Counsellor: Youth Opportunities Unlimited
Company: Youth Opportunities Unlimited
Job description: Employment Counsellor, Youth Opportunities Unlimited
Be the best YOU!
Being a part of Youth Opportunities Unlimited (YOU) means you have a shared passion for supporting youth in reaching their full potential. YOU is a place where your unique background, perspectives, and talents are valued, and help innovate new program ideas to best support youth in our community.
You can make your impact here! Be part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where the work you do is truly valued. You will have the freedom to excel in your way by serving young people and knowing you are making a difference for our community.
Come be a part of a team that works alongside youth as they work on goals and be there to celebrate when they achieve those milestones. Help us continue creating a community where youth are embraced and will thrive.
Reporting to the Employment Team Leader, the Employment Counsellor will be responsible for developing and implementing employment action plans for youth between the ages of 15 and 30. Qualified candidates possess exceptional communication and leadership skills, work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and hold values that support our corporate vision of being “A community where youth are embraced and will thrive”.
· Provide intake, assessment, and case management services for youth experiencing barriers to employment
· Develop outcome-based employment and educational plans, social supports, and resources
· Support youth in exploring career paths and effective strategies to enter the labour market
· Apply knowledge of local labour market and community supports for youth
· Integrate service options for youth across various programs within the agency
· Provide intake and case management support at different community-based centres including City of London Social Services offices, and local high schools
· Supports recruitment efforts through attending networking events, and representing through community presentations / events
· Participates on committees, and supports external / internal fundraising events
· Liaise with YOU staff, community partners, and agencies
· Act as a point of contact for other agency staff, community partners and clients
· University Degree or minimum 2-year College Diploma in human /social services from an accredited institution
· Ability to succeed in a target-based work environment
· Prior experience working with a diverse population, including persons from diverse cultural backgrounds, LGBTQ2S groups, youth
· Proven crisis management and case management skills is an asset
· Strong case documentation, statistical reporting, file management, and organizational skills
· Ability to balance supporting participants in need of immediate assistance, while handling multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines
· Experience working with youth affected by poverty, mental health, justice, addictions and homelessness an asset
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 365 as well as other software programs are required
· Suicide Prevention, Crisis Intervention and Prevention Training (PMAB or CPI) is an asset
· Flexibility in scheduling to meet program needs including evenings and weekends
· Police Vulnerable Sector Check for youth population
Salary: $40,786.00-$52,070.20 per year
Applications must be received no later than: Sunday September 10, 2023 at 11:59 pm
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: Justin McGuire, Employment Team Leader, email@example.com
Applications should be received electronically in MS word or PDF format as one document.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Youth Opportunities Unlimited is an equal opportunity employer that values the richness of a diverse environment. Youth Opportunities Unlimited is committed to providing an accessible workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation 191/11. Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process or as an employee during subsequent employment, they are invited to communicate and discuss their requirements with YOU contact noted above.
Application Contact Information
Company Name: Youth Opportunities Unlimited
Contact Name: Justin McGuire
Telephone: 5194321112 x 361
Expected salary: $40786 – 52070.2 per year
Location: London, ON
Job date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 07:49:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!