Job title: Youth Employment / Retention Specialist (FT)
Company: Valley Youth House
Job description: Position: FT – Retention Specialist – ($21hr – $23hr).
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth, and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence. VYH works from a trauma-informed / healing-centered perspective, incorporating positive youth and human development, and cultural awareness into all aspects of its services. The agency is committed to ensuring that clients and staff feel safe, have choice and voice, collaborate in a trusting environment, and are empowered to make a difference in their own lives and the agency.
Essential Functions of the Retention Specialist:
- Successfully engage youth/client in developing and implementing their individual employment plan and monitoring youth employment, youth adherence to the goal plan, and long-term employment/education outcomes.
- A minimum of 50% of the working hours will be spent providing quality in-person goal planning, instruction, and employment-centered case management services according to the youth’s/client’s level of need.
- Ensure up-to-date paper & electronic client records in compliance with program, county, state, and federal regulations and private grant requirements as applicable.
Qualifications for the Retention Specialist:
- Employment Retention Specialists shall be a mature individual with the ability to identify with and adapt to the goals and philosophies of positive youth development in the independent living program.
- The Retention Specialists will possess sound judgment and knowledge of adolescent development.
- This individual will be organized and highly adept at managing multiple tasks and assignments.
- Successful team members are creative thinkers and flexible in their approaches to people and projects.
- They must have the ability to travel throughout the county or assigned geographic region. They will never have been convicted of any prohibited criminal or child abuse offense.
- They shall possess a minimum three years’ experience working with adolescents
- A BS/BA in human services or an equivalent combination of experience in the field and education.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing. X Constantly.
- Ability to navigate stairs. X Occasionally.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds. X Occasionally.
Why Should You Apply?
- Hybrid opportunities.
- Flexible Scheduling.
- Training & Development opportunities.
- Health & Wellness programs.
- Paid Time Off & Retirement Match.
**If eligible: Medical, vision, and prescription benefits available after the first month of hire, Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time Off, 401k -6% match, Employer-paid clearances, physical, and training, Opportunities for Tuition reimbursement, Opportunities for licensure supervision hours for LCSW and LPC.
Full position details!
About Valley Youth House:
At Valley Youth House, we do more than just provide a home for vulnerable, abused and homeless youth; we partner with thousands of individuals to build a solid foundation for young people and their families. We understand that everyone’s needs and situations are unique. That’s why we offer responsive programming that is built to fit the needs of each young person we work with. No two programs are identical, and each provides youth with meaningful support, skills and strength. Our wide-ranging programs allow Valley Youth House to remain a constant in the lives of those we serve.
Expected salary: $21 – 23 per hour
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 22:04:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!