Job title: Labor and Employment Senior Associate
Job description: Are you a skilled and passionate attorney specializing in labor and employment law? Do you thrive on solving complex legal challenges in the workplace? If so, one of gpac’s clients has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Labor and Employment Attorney! Although this role is management-side labor/employment, we welcome employee-side labor/employment attorneys to apply as well.
This can be a Senior Associate or Partner Role, depending on experience!
This firm is a reputable and dynamic law firm with multiple offices serving multiple counties. Labor/employment is a newer area of law to our firm and we are looking for an experienced attorney to work with our partner companies advising them on all labor/employment matters. We provide comprehensive legal services to a diverse range of clients, including corporations, small businesses, non-profit organizations, and individuals. Our team of experienced attorneys is committed to delivering exceptional results and providing strategic advice to our clients.
Why is this opportunity so cool? It’s a lifestyle firm with flexible hours and even a 4-day work week!
What You’ll Be Doing:
– Providing legal counsel and guidance on issues related to labor and employment law, including employee relations, workplace policies, discrimination, harassment, wage and hour compliance, and employee benefits.
– Conducting legal research and analysis to support client cases and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local labor and employment laws.
– Drafting and reviewing legal documents, including contracts, agreements, policies, and procedures.
– Representing clients in negotiations, mediations, arbitrations, and administrative proceedings before regulatory agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
– Developing and delivering training programs and workshops to educate clients on labor and employment law best practices.
– Staying up-to-date with legal developments, industry trends, and changes in labor and employment laws to provide proactive advice and mitigate potential risks for clients.
- 6-10 year’s experience in labor and employment litigation and management counselling
- Employment litigation experience strongly preferred
- Wage and hour, discrimination, compensation, wrongful termination and collective bargaining/union experience preferred
- Collaborative attitude–excels in teamwork but also autonomy
- Strong legal research, analytical skills, and problem-solving skills
In-depth knowledge of federal, state, and local labor and employment laws, regulations, and court decisions. * Licensed to practice in Ohio
- Highly competitive salaries
- Generous benefits package
- Full health, dental, vision, 401K
- Firm philosophy centers on respectful team environment
- Opportunity for mentorship alongside excellent practitioners
- Partnership track offered quickly to those genuinely interested in growing with the business long-term
This is an exceptional opportunity that you won’t want to miss.
Please note: Compensation depends on level of experience and may be different than the pay range indicated here.
If this job posting finds you at the right time, please contact Dev at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-705-4821 for a confidential conversation.
Expected salary: $180000 – 200000 per year
Location: Columbus, OH
Job date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 22:07:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!