Job title: Delivery Assistant (Casual Employment)
Job description: Job Description:
CORT Furniture Rental is hiring immediately for Delivery Assistants!
Are you looking for a flexible schedule with flexible hours? This position is perfect for those not looking for a traditional 40 hour a week schedule. This is a “casual” position and the perfect candidate needs to be available to work on an as-needed basis. The hours and days are dependent on meeting our business demand.
With customer service as a priority, Delivery Assistants will help drivers with the delivery and installation of residential and office furnishings within the agreed upon time frame and in accordance with the lease agreement.
Pay: $18 / hour depending on experience.
Schedule: Standard is Monday-Friday 7:30AM-4PM; some flexibility or overtime may be required.
What We Offer
- Hourly pay rate; weekly pay; paid training
- Promote from within culture
- Inspect furniture to ensure it is in acceptable condition for delivery prior to loading
- Load box truck, checking items against lease agreement
- Deliver and install furniture within agreed upon time frame
- Pickup of furniture at lease end
- Inspect delivery vehicle to ensure safety
- 18 years of age or older
- Reliable transportation
- High school diploma or GED; or 3 months related experience
- Physically able and willing to move furniture indoors, outdoors, up or down stairs and in all weather conditions; ability to lift 100+ pounds with a partner
- Must pass drug screening (does not include THC), background checks and MVR checks as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.
CORT, a part of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway, is the nation’s leading provider of transition services, including furniture rental for home and office, event furnishings, destination services, apartment locating, touring and other services. With more than 100 offices, showrooms and clearance centers across the United States, operations in the United Kingdom and partners in more than 80 countries around the world, no other furniture rental company can match CORT’s breadth of services.
For more information on CORT, visit .
Working for CORT
Pursuant to the Fair Chance Hiring Ordinance for participating locations, CORT will consider all qualified applicants to include those who may have criminal history records. Check your city government website for specific fair chance hiring information.
For more information on career at CORT, visit
Expected salary: $18 per hour
Location: Paramount, CA
Job date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 22:11:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!