Job title: Community Disability Worker – PT-FT-RW Driving
Company: Catholic Social Services
Job description: Catholic Social Services is currently seeking a full time 40 hours per week, Community Disability Worker in EDMONTON to join our Diego Team.
This position has a weekly schedule of: Sunday 7-3, Mon & Tues 3-11, Thurs & Friday 7-3 pm.
This dynamic and challenging opportunity will allow you to develop and sharpen skills in behavior management, effective communication, and client focused strategies.
With our Agency, you will have the opportunity to work with individuals who have developmental disabilities, complex needs, and mental health diagnosis. In the capacity of Community Disability Worker, you will implement behavior support plans to help individuals learn coping and self-regulation skills, better enabling them to engage in a meaningful way with their peers, and their community.
Your ability to implement service plans, communicate with the members of your team in both writing and verbally, and a person centered approach, will help you to create effective relationships and work effectively as part of a team.
Your resourcefulness, creativity, and attention to detail, will help an individual shape their home into an environment that is safe for both them and those working with them, and that fosters relationship building and a sense of pride for those who live there.
Your ability to be innovative and aware of your environment will give you the skills to help individuals learn about and access opportunities to engage with their community in a way that is meaningful to them, and gives them a sense of joy. This may mean accompanying someone to a comedy show, helping someone learn to access public transportation, or helping someone find the resources in the community that meet their cultural needs.
Through the use of positive practices, skill building, and the creation of supportive and professional relationships, you will support individuals in creating a life that is meaningful for them, and in which they can experience their own sense of value.
Education & Qualifications:
- A high school diploma
- A diploma or degree in Human Services or Social Work (or equivalent) is considered an asset
- A minimum 1 year working with persons with developmental disabilities, behavior, mental health & addictions
- Experience with or willingness to be trained on physical holds on the individuals that we serve
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training (NVCI) must be completed upon hire
- Vulnerable Sector Check issued by RCMP or City Police
- Child Intervention Record Check
- Clear and current driver’s abstract
- A vehicle and valid Class 5 driver’s license – requirement to transport clients in your personal vehicle
- Proof of vehicle insurance showing $2 million liability coverage
Police Information Check including vulnerable sector search, Intervention Record Check and/ or summary of driving record with no more than six (6) demerit points are conditions of employment and the financial responsibility of the candidate.
What We Offer:
- The compensation for this position ranges from $19.37 to $20.56 per hour and is based on qualifications and experience.
- Flexible benefit options when eligible.
- Work within a highly collaborative, team-oriented organization, where your ideas are heard, and you can see your impact daily.
- Growth Opportunities: apply and grow your skills within a dynamic, innovative and expanding Agency that is taking a leadership role in our industry.
About Catholic Social Services:
You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.
With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1800 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central Alberta and Edmonton.
Our values are at the core of everything we do!
- Humility: We acknowledge with gratitude our human abilities and limitations. We demonstrate humility by doing the best that we can with the resources that we have.
- Compassion: We respond to people in need with love. We demonstrate our compassion by caring for people without judgment and without condition.
- Respect: We demonstrate our respect by being personally present, open and attentive to those we care for and by honouring their dignity and freedom.
How to Apply:
Please apply online, quoting the competition number 3809 to
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, and people of faith or no faith.
Expected salary: $19.37 – 20.56 per hour
Location: Edmonton, AB
Job date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 07:21:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!