Job title: Administrative Manager, Labor and Employment Law Program – Hybrid
Company: Cornell University
Job description: Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
Position is located in New York, NY, within the ILR School Extension Office located at 570 Lexington Ave New York, NY 10022.
The School of Industrial and Labor Relations at Cornell University has an immediate opening for an Administrative Manager in the Labor and Employment Law Program in the NYC Extension/Outreach Division.
ILR’s Labor and Employment Law Program (LEL) merges law and social science research to provide attorneys, legislators, social scientists, and policymakers with multifaceted perspectives through forums and conferences. Current and emerging legal issues affecting the workplace are analyzed with the goal of influencing research, legislation, policy, and litigation. LEL’s emphasis is on emerging issues in law, social equity employment, and workplace drug testing under new state laws.
The Administrative Manager, Labor and Employment Law Program (LEL) is responsible for managing the day-to-day administration of LEL’s programmatic activities, overseeing operational and financial needs to ensure that goals are met. This position is also responsible for managing administration of NYC Government and Community Relations.
We are seeking people who appreciate and will take ownership in the following, and not limited to:
- Ensuring that systems and procedures are implemented to accomplish program milestones
- Developing annual and grant budgets
- Tracking and ensuring that financial activity meets programmatic needs and deadlines and is compliant with ILR and University policies and procedures
- Maintaining and utilizing highly confidential and sensitive information; providing legal research
- Overseeing public relations and marketing efforts, including website content development
- Overseeing non-academic staff working on scheduling and management of classes, workshops and special events
- Monitoring the delivery of effective customer service
- Managing recruitment of staff and student interns/fellows
The Administrative Manager supervises and manages the administrative program support team that is responsible for LEL’s programmatic activities.
This is a full-time, non-academic staff, benefits eligible opportunity located in the Cornell University, New York City ILR Extension office located at 570 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10022.
More information about the ILR School can be obtained at our web site, and Labor and Employment Law Program at .
We require these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum four years of experience in operations and finance management, program administration and development, budgeting, customer service, event planning, and marketing
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to direct and guide the work of others, engaging with team members to accomplish goals and objectives, set clear expectations, and provide feedback
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and monitor projects from inception to completion; manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities; aptitude for working under tight deadlines with competing priorities
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-based, participatory environment, as well as work independently
- Significant experience in financial management, including developing and monitoring annual and grant budgets
- Discretion in maintaining and working with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); Outlook; Google Suite; Box, Zoom
- Demonstrated skill with database, event management, and/or student registration software
- Experience drafting, editing and proofreading documents, with high level of attention to detail required
- Proven performance in dealing with diverse internal and external clients and outside vendors; managing complex and sensitive interactions
- Some travel may be required
- Experience in and/or demonstrated commitment to supporting diversity, equity, access, inclusion, and wellbeing.
- Demonstrated skill in understanding of cultural differences.
You will be a top candidate with our preferred qualifications:
- Experience with marketing strategies and development of marketing plans
- Knowledge of social network programs and use as marketing tools
- Familiarity with legal terminology and form and experience with legal research
- High level of proficiency with the technical applications involved in the execution of the job including: Adobe Pro, Qualtrics, SharePoint, Box, Salesforce
- Previous experience in high-level program or conference management
- Five to seven years’ administrative experience, including budgeting, program development, marketing and contract management.
Rewards and Benefits:
- This position is located in New York City. The position will allow for the flexibility to work 9 days per month campus to home hybrid schedule.
The New York Convenience of employer guidelines require New York State individual tax reporting and withholdings for this position. Additional individual state income tax filings may also be required if working temporarily outside New York State. * Cornell receives national recognition as an award-winning workplace for our health, wellbeing, sustainability, and diversity initiatives.
- Our benefits programs include comprehensive health care options, generous retirement contributions, access to wellness programs, and employee discounts with local and national retail brands. We invite you to follow this link to get more information about our benefits:
. * Follow this link to learn more about the Total Rewards of Working at Cornell:
. * Our leave provisions include health and personal leave, three weeks of vacation and 13 holidays.
- Cornell’s impressive educational benefits include tuition-free Extramural Study and Employee Degree Program, tuition aid for external education, and Cornell Children’s Tuition Assistance Program.
Sponsorship for employment visa is not available for this position.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter to be fully considered for this position.
Familiarize yourself with Cornell’s as well as the university’s .
University Job Title: Administrator III
Job Family: Administration
Pay Rate Type: Salary
Pay Range: $86,713.00 – $117,180.00
Remote Option Availability: Hybrid Remote
Company: Contract College
Contact Name: Jessica Burnette
Job Titles and Pay Ranges:
Noted pay ranges reflect the potential pay opportunity for each job profile. The hiring rate of pay for the successful candidate will be determined considering the following criteria:
Prior relevant work or industry experience
Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position
Unique applicable skills
Academic Discipline (faculty pay ranges reflects 9-month annual salary)
To learn more about Cornell’s non-union staff job titles and pay ranges, see .
The hiring rate of pay for the successful candidate will be determined in accordance with the rates in the respective collective bargaining agreement. To learn more about Cornell’s union wages, see .
If you currently work at Cornell University, please exit this website and log in to using your Net ID and password. Select the Career icon on your Home dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
Online Submission Guidelines:
Most positions at Cornell will require you to apply online and submit both a resume/CV and cover letter. You can upload documents either by “dragging and dropping” them into the dropbox or by using the “upload” icon on the application page. For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit on the HR website.
For general questions about the position or the application process, please contact the Recruiter listed in the job posting or email .
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to complete an employment application or to participate in the recruiting process, you are encouraged to contact Cornell University’s Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX at voice (607) 255-2242, or email at .
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
Notice to Applicants:
Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement by . This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on any protected characteristic, including race, ethnic or national origin, citizenship and immigration status, color, sex/gender, pregnancy or pregnancy-related conditions, age, creed, religion, actual or perceived disability (including persons associated with such a person), arrest and/or conviction record, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression and/or identity, an individual’s genetic information, domestic violence victim status, familial status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations in accordance with applicable law.
Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty, and staff to all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply. 2023-07-18
Expected salary: $86713 – 117180 per year
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 01:23:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!