Job title: Student Employment Coordinator
Company: Weber State University
Job description: WSU’s Commitment to Diversity
Weber State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment by welcoming all individuals, including culturally diverse staff, faculty, and student body. WSU values every individual by embracing all identities through the promotion of belonging, creativity, and uniqueness. We strive to create environments which are welcoming, inclusive, and equitable for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected categories, such as disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, national origin, veterans status, or others, as required by law and university policy (see Weber State University’s Policy and Procedure Manual 3-32).
Position Title Student Employment Coordinator
Requisition Number S01527P
Position Category Staff
Campus Location Weber State University – Ogden, UT
Hours per week 40
Months per year 12
Alternate work schedule
Pay Grade E31
Job Summary/Basic Function
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated professional to shape high-impact student employment experiences. This position is charged with program development and execution, coordination with key stakeholders, and marketing and assessment of programmatic efforts. This position coordinates educational student employment experiences for Weber State University students. The Coordinator works closely with various employment and internship teams, supervisors, faculty, and students to support meaningful and impactful employment opportunities that benefit students and the institution particularly in the areas of student success and retention. The primary focus of this position is on-campus employment, working with employment systems university-wide and specifically in the Division of Student Access and Success. Some assistance and support is provided for on-campus internships.
- Work with key individuals and constituents to build and sustain a university-wide on-campus student employment program, which could be utilized by departments and offices currently employing students as well as new university-wide employment opportunities.
- Lead assessment and strategic planning practices for on-campus employment including outcome assessment, report distribution, program participant reporting, and key performance indicators including student progress and post-graduate success.
- Help support on-campus internships as appropriate.
- Ideate, initiate, and self-manage projects that support the development of high-impact and intentional employment experiences.
- Serve on a variety of university-related committees including but not limited to the Student Access and Success Student Employment Committee and the selection committee for 50/50 positions.
- Market the university-wide on-campus student employment program (Work@Weber) and its resources to both on-campus employers and students.
- Develop, refine, and deliver training for student employee supervisors and timekeepers, (across campus – Academic Affairs, Student Access and Success, Library, Facilities Management, etc.) which includes innovative and engaging training programs for student employees and supervisors that build on research-supported best practices.
- Support efforts to secure alternative revenue streams such as donor funding for initiatives or grants for program expansion.
- Manage campus-wide 50/50 program by reviewing funding requests, collaborating with Payroll and Financial Aid, tracking data, and connecting with supervisors across all divisions and colleges (i.e. Academic Affairs, Student Access and Success, Campus Recreation, Library, etc.)
- Supervise student employee(s)
- Manage cross-divisional program budgets
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- One year of experience working for a college or university, or in a career counseling role (this may include high school career counseling).
- Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Affairs, or other related areas.
- Two years experience working for a college or university.
- Experience working with college student employment.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills (especially data manipulation, analysis, and visualization in Excel)
- Knowledge of basic databases
- Ability to ideate, initiate, and self-manage projects
- Intrapersonal and Interpersonal communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team setting and work autonomously
- Research experience or familiarity with research ethics and compliance with human subjects.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across departments and work effectively with diverse stakeholders including students, faculty, and staff.
Background Check? Yes
WSU offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, a wellness program with release time and paid incentives, tuition benefits, free tickets to athletic and performing arts events, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date 07/25/2023
Review Date 08/08/2023
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Notes to Applicant
If you are passionate about what you could offer and accomplish here at WSU, we would love to hear from you. The annual salary for this position starts at $43,500 and may go up from there depending on candidate qualifications. The position comes with a generous .
To apply, please complete the online application and attach a cover letter, current resume, transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
For qualification determination, your application and/or resume must address the required and preferred qualifications and must contain average number of hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be considered incomplete.
Screening of applications will begin August 8, 2023. Position will remain open until filled.
Criminal background check required as a condition of employment.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
ADA Essential Job Function
ADA Essential Job Function
Physical Activity of this position Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction., Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles. , Operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, or position. , Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. , Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips. , Expressing or exchanging ideas. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important instructions to other workers accurately or quickly. , Ability to receive detailed information with or without assistance., Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Physical Requirements of this position Light work. Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Use of arm and/or leg controls exerting forces greater than that for sedentary work.
Visual Acuity Requirements including color, depth perception and field of vision. Required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; using a computer terminal; extensive reading.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position. The worker is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. , The worker is subject to outside environmental changes. No effective protection from the weather. , The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Expected salary: $43500 per year
Location: Ogden, UT
Job date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 06:58:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!