Job title: Material Handler
Company: Sierra Supply Chain Services
Job description: Come Join the Sierra Team!
We are currently seeking to hire Material Handlers at our brand new meat processing facility in Hamilton, ON! Only need 1-2 years of experience to start! A valid forklift/walkie license is required!
Salary: $19.00 per hour
Shift Time: Flexible with Morning and Afternoon shifts.
Who We Are:
Sierra Supply Chain Services provides protein (poultry, beef, pork) solutions to the food processing and distribution sector. We simplify supply chain services and provide expanding value to the protein sector across our three locations in Brampton, Hamilton, and Mississauga.
We are excited to announce the expansion of a newest Processing facility in Hamilton that is: 25,000 square foot that allows for 200,000 kg of weekly multi protein grinding and daily custom boxing and blast freezing!
What You will Be Doing/Position Details:
Material Handlers are responsible for ensuring that the production line continues to run effectively and efficiently. The Production Material Handler prepares production reports, oversees workflow, and ensures practices are followed and product quality is maintained.
Accountabilities and Detailed Activity:
- Supply production line and workers with raw product and packaging material in time to ensure the line runs consistently at the same speed until end of the run
- Unpacking and putting away finished goods in the correct location. This includes scanning of product
- Ensure that the yields for all work orders are correct. check the work order in the Carlisle system as soon as the job done to make sure everything is scanned properly, and the yield is ok.
- Return the extra packaging material as soon as the job finishes
- Prepare the line by lining up the required raw/packaging material for next job
- Follow the lineup strictly and direct labor to the appropriate production line to ensure that the line continues working uninterrupted
- Check the manpower to make sure we got the workers we need/ordered
- Setup various production line, including setup equipment, activate work orders, scan product in work order, bring packaging and raw materials. Ensure production lines are working as directed
- Make sure the sanitation crew clean each workstation whenever required, when workers take break and as soon as the job is done
Timely Line Production Fulfillment
- Hourly Production status report to your supervisor
- Accurately record the time, labor and materials used for work orders. You should fill the daily production report for each job you do
- Ensure production workers are adhering to time constraints and fulfilling work orders efficiently
- Ensure to inform your supervisor on an hourly basis, if the order is short or if you have left over product after filling the order
- Report any discrepancies during the shift to your supervisor along with possible solution to potential problems
Leadership & Training
- Be aware of the KPI’s for different production processes and inform the production supervisors if they are not being met
- Provide continual training for line workers in all areas that require improvement
- Monitor production workers and provide direction when required
- Coaching team appropriately for areas of improvement
- Ensure operators working on the line are also adhering to GMPS, SOPs in accordance with HACCP
- Control and monitor workers. Make sure they go and come back from break in time
Food Safety & Quality Service
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices, Sanitation and Safety Standards
- Reduction in meat on the floor give away and losses, perform testing checks and identify product quality
- Work safely while adhering to proper GMPs, HACCP, Occupational Health & Safety Guidelines
- Ensure the production floor is kept dry, clean, clear of debris at all times and stocked appropriately with garbage disposals
- High School Diploma
- Valid Forklift/Walkie license
- Previous experience in a food processing/production environment considered an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in both oral and written communication
- Organized, thrives in a team environment
- Ability to follow instructions
- Basic Mathematical and Calculation Skills
- Comfortable with the environment: smell of meat, cool temperatures
Perks of the Job? We Have Plenty!
In addition to our collaborative, team-oriented environment fostering growth we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Employee Benefits Package
- Safety Shoe Reimbursement
- Brand New Equipment
- Fully Renovated New Space
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Employee Events
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
Affirmative Action Statement:
As part of Sierra Supply Chain Services commitment to equal employment opportunities, all forms of diversity are celebrated! Sierra encourages all women, people of colour, sexual and gender minorities and other minoritized identities to apply to our company! We would like to thank all those who apply in advance as only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Work Location: One location
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $19 per hour
Location: Hamilton, ON
Job date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 07:55:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!