Job title: Finance and Operations Clerk
Company: University of Guelph
Job description: The Finance and Operations Clerk provides financial, and operations support in Student Wellness Services which includes Student Health Services, the Health & Performance Centre (HPC), Counselling services, Student Accessibility services (SAS), Wellness Education and Promotion Centre, and Sexual Violence Support and Education to ensure the smooth operation of these departments.
Reporting to the Manager, Business Operations, this position is responsible for the purchasing of office, pharmaceutical and medical supplies, deposits, journal entries, reviewing and/or preparing expense claims, petty cash, verification of payments for goods and services received, preparation of financial reports, assisting with financial analysis and forecasting, and other financial and operating duties as assigned. This position will also assist the Administrative Assistant as required.
Requirements of the position include:
- Two (2) year college diploma in an accounting or business-related field along with one (1) year of related experience. A relevant combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A strong background in finance, including bookkeeping experience is essential
- Experience in a health profession setting would be considered an asset
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced Microsoft Excel
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality with regards to sensitive matters
- Excellent communication (written and oral), organizational, and problem solving skills
- The ability to set priorities and to organize work effectively and accurately
Covering Position Number 598-004
Classification USW, Local 4120 Salary Band 4
Normal Hiring Range $25.22 – $28.18 per hour
At the University of Guelph, fostering a is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Expected salary: $25.22 – 28.18 per hour
Location: Guelph, ON
Job date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 06:34:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!