Job title: EMPLOYMENT SECURITY REPRESENTATIVE II
Company: State of Florida
Job description: Requisition No: 807602
Working Title: EMPLOYMENT SECURITY REPRESENTATIVE II – 40047170
Position Number: 40047170
Posting Closing Date: 08/31/2023
Requisition Title: ESR II
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
POSITION LOCATION: Greater Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood FL
Our Organization and Mission:
Florida Commerce works across the state to support Florida’s economy, robust and talented workforce, and our local communities. We are dedicated to making a stronger and more resilient Florida, so our businesses, communities, and workforce are better prepared to withstand future economic slowdowns and natural disasters.
Florida Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. (TTY/TDD 1-800-955-8771 or the Florida Relay Service – 711.)
Let our mission become yours. To find out more about us, click on the link:
The Work You Will Do:
This position performs professional and administrative work in a workforce career center setting, providing services to job-seekers and/or employers. This position specializes in providing individual or group vocational or employment counseling services in a One-Stop Center responsible for providing individualized or group specialized counseling services to targeted/contracted groups (e.g. dislocated workers, veterans, welfare transition participants, etc.) using standardized counseling techniques which will assist customers in deciding on vocational goals and employability plans for entrance into employment.
The Difference You Will Make:
You will assist in helping Broward County residents obtain wages to be self-sufficient and sustainable through training and employment. The Employment Security Representative II is a member of the Florida Commerce team with CareerSource Broward.
Florida Commerce is a fast-paced work environment in which critical thinking and prioritizing are a must.
How You Will Grow:
Florida Commerce encourages its employees to constantly innovate and seek efficiencies. Training is made available throughout the year and on request with our Office of Human Resources Training and with our Division of Workforce Training Unit. In accordance with our Vision and Mission, the employee:
- Furthers Florida’s economic vision by providing support that enhances the economy and develops, safe, and healthy communities.
- Meets customer/client expectations with an emphasis on responsiveness, quality, quantity, and timeliness of work.
- Provides information clearly, accurately, and succinctly; and exhibits good listening skills.
- Works collaboratively to optimize the effectiveness of Florida Commerce’s available resources and tools.
- Uses knowledge acquired through education, training, or experience to complete tasks.
These expectations are for all our employees, and you will be expected to model these as a leader. We believe in supporting and encouraging you as you take on important and often complex projects while offering you the opportunity to gain valuable experience.
Where You Will Work:
Broward County encompasses the Greater Fort Lauderdale area and is in the heart of South Florida’s tri-county region, it continues to grow by attracting development and new businesses. Broward County is a popular tourist destination and yachting capital of the world due to its semi-tropical climate, highlighted by more than 3,000 hours of sunshine, its beaches and year-round ocean breezes, waterways, and cultural offerings alongside its upscale restaurants, nightclubs, boutiques, and luxury hotels. Port Everglades is considered the 3rd largest cruise port in the world.
Once known strictly as a tourism-based economy, it now supports a diverse range of industries, including marine, manufacturing, finance, insurance, real estate, technology, avionics/aerospace, film, and television production. Broward County is establishing itself as a world-class international business center and one of the most desirable locations for new, expanding, or relocating businesses. Being in Broward County will guarantee you a unique experience for professional growth, entertainment, and culture.
Broward County is also known for:
- A rated school district
- Home to Broward College and Nova Southeastern University, a Florida hub for Florida Atlantic University (FAU), Florida International University (FIU), and a host of other private colleges and vocational schools.
- Within a state having no state income tax for residents of Florida.
WORKING FOR THE STATE OF FLORIDA HAS BENEFITS!
- State Group Insurance coverage options+
(health, life, dental, vision, and other supplemental option)
- Retirement plan options, including employer contributions ( )
- Nine paid holidays and a Personal Holiday each year
- Annual and Sick Leave Benefits
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program (Eligibility required)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Fee Waivers (Accepted by major Florida colleges/universities)
- Ongoing comprehensive training provided
- Career Growth
- Highly skilled, professional environment
For a more complete list of benefits, visit .
- We care about the success of our employees.
- We care about the success of our clients.
- We are always improving our technology, our tools, our customer’s experiences, and ourselves.
- A rewarding experience for reliable, compassionate, and professional employees.
Your Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide job placement assistance and refer customers to job openings, training opportunities, and other employment-related services as appropriate.
- Provide labor market information, orientations, and/or other employment-related subjects and refer customers to supportive services as appropriate.
- Assist applicants to register as appropriate and interview clients for job assistance or benefits within a case management structure.
- Interview and assess customer needs, job skills, education, knowledge, and abilities.
- Conduct comprehensive and specialized assessments of eligible persons and develop an individual employment plan to identify the employment goals, appropriate objectives, and services for participants that will lead to sustained careers and lasting self-sufficiency as needed.
- Performs work and records activity and customer information in the current database system.
- Monitors job openings and verifies referral results with employers.
- Provide instructions and assistance to customers utilizing services, systems, and information available in the Resource Room, along with other related computer data and programs.
- Performs other duties as required by supervisors at the local organization.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to promote and market the department and the Career Center.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in individual and group settings, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of counseling and case management,
- Working knowledge/experience using Microsoft
, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. * Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful, courteous, and effective manner.
- Ability to conduct effective interviews.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to work independently by planning, organizing, and coordinating work assignments.
- Ability to prepare reports to include recording, evaluating, and analyzing data.
As a condition of pre-employment eligibility, a Level 2 security background screening is required, which consists of fingerprinting and a check of local, state, and national law enforcement records.
- The incumbent must possess or obtain certification as a Workforce Professional Tier 1 within 60 days of employment in the position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications including: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Required to travel locally and must furnish own transportation
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Human Services, Education, or a related field
- Professional or nonprofessional experience in areas related to employment security, interviewing, counseling, job placement, aptitude testing and assessments, job development, or job analysis may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the preferred college education.
- Possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- Registered in EmployFlorida.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Certain service members may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking . All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Expected salary: $34000 per year
Location: Hollywood, FL – Fort Lauderdale, FL
Job date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 06:22:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!