Job title: Employment Law and Corporate Compliance Specialist
Company: Campbell Soup Company
Job description: Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Campbell Soup Company is seeking a curious, driven, quick learner to join its Legal department as an Employment Law and Corporate Compliance Specialist at its Camden, NJ headquarters. The Employment Law and Corporate Compliance Specialist works closely with the attorneys in the Legal department’s Labor & Employment and Corporate Compliance practice groups in many ways, including in connection with the defense of employment litigation and claims, internal investigations, administration of the Integrity Hotline, and the development and administration of corporate compliance training programs.
Key Accountabilities/Job Responsibilities
Labor and Employment Group:
- Employment litigation support (prepare document retention notices, interview records custodians, coordinate collection of records, review responses to discovery requests, partner with outside counsel, etc.).
- Under supervision of labor and employment attorneys, assist with Company’s responses to administrative agency charges and complaints (prepare document retention notices, gather information from witnesses, prepare summaries, timelines, and other documents, etc.).
- Assist in the administration of the Company’s Integrity Hotline (set up user profiles and train new users, generate reports/spreadsheets to track the status of Hotline reports, analyze trends, follow up with HR personnel on status of pending reports, recommend process improvements, etc.).
- Under supervision of labor and employment attorneys, conduct or assist in the conduct of internal workplace investigations.
- Review post-employment obligations of departing employees, identify potential conflicts between proposed new employment and those obligations, and prepare drafts of waiver letters and other correspondence regarding post-employment obligations.
- Monitor matters and requests sent to the Labor and Employment team Outlook mailbox and direct to the appropriate individual for handling and, where appropriate, monitor handling.
- Review and forward for handling garnishment orders and subpoenas for employment-related materials, and review proposed productions prepared by HR in response to the subpoenas.
- Become familiar with outside counsel budgets for matters for which team members are responsible and identify when invoices are approaching budget limits.
- Assist team attorneys with tracking and monitoring state and local legal developments on labor and employment topics.
- Assist Labor and Employment team with development and maintenance of knowledge and research bank (e.g., research materials, presentations, forms, templates, etc.).
- Help identify process and procedure improvements and ways of working to help the team become more effective and efficient.
- Support departmental and organization-wide projects and initiatives as necessary.
Corporate Compliance Group:
- Assist in administration and analysis of Annual Conflicts Questionnaire and Certification by, among other things, compiling and organizing responses and tracking and documenting necessary follow-up actions and final dispositions.
- Coordinate annual legal review of core corporate policies owned by the Legal Department
- Post new and updated Company policies to myService portal, identify key search terms, and ensure policies and other resources listed on Winning With Integrity site link back to myService.
- Prepare and disseminate the annual Index of Standards and Procedures and Accompanying Mechanisms for Monitoring and Auditing Compliance, track updates submitted by others in the department, and ensure all updates are made in final materials.
- Manage relationship with translation vendor and coordinate translation of key policies and documents when required.
- Review LRN training module options and make course recommendations, update/revise training materials to align with Campbell policies and terminology, and solicit input from subject matter experts.
- Manage Workday employee data feed for transmission to training vendor, configure course enrollments to appropriate employee population, generate completion reports, and analyze training data.
- Liaison with IT, Procurement, and other groups to partner on the development and delivery of their functional training opportunities.
- Working closely with the Director of Corporate Compliance and Ethics, assist in the conduct of internal investigations.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Minimum of 3 years full-time work experience. Experience in Legal, Human Resources, or Corporate Compliance environment(s) is a plus.
Strong verbal and written communication skills; must have a good understanding of business vocabulary and be able to prepare clear and professional communications (e.g., emails, memos, reports).
Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-driven environment.
Self-motivated, independent (practical and creative) thinker; strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Ability to quickly gain knowledge of the organization’s operations, procedures, and people.
Good judgment and initiative in troubleshooting and making recommendations demonstrating clear understanding of the implications of the work being handled.
Ability and confidence to work independently, as well as in a team setting.
Compensation and Benefits:
The target base salary range for this full-time, salaried position is between $61,800-$97,800
Individual base pay depends on work location and additional factors such as experience, job-related skills, and relevant education or training. Total pay may include other forms of compensation. In addition, we offer competitive health, dental, 401k and wellness benefits beginning on the first day of employment. Please ask your Talent Acquisition Partner for more information about our total rewards package.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion, or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click for additional information.
Expected salary: $61800 – 97800 per year
Location: Camden, NJ
Job date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 00:50:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!