Job title: Senior Employment Specialist Full Time Mecklenburg (Job Coach)
Job description: Job Type
Entry-Level Job Applicants Welcome!
If making a lasting difference in someone’s life is a priority for you and your career goals, we want to help you get there. LIFESPAN Services is hiring compassionate, hardworking, friendly, and reliable Senior Employment Specialists to develop relationships with prospective employers, creating opportunities for individuals with disabilities to obtain job placement.
Schedule 1: Days vary 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
What we do:
LIFESPAN’s Services’ mission is to empower children and adults with disabilities by providing education, employment, and enrichment opportunities to live, work and play in their communities. We focus on the interests of each individual we support to ensure their well-being, dignity, and right of choice. As a Senior Employment Specialist, you work 1:1 with local employers to obtain job placements. In addition, you will provide training, mentoring, and support for your team of Employment Specialists. LIFESPAN Services is committed to helping you succeed by providing a supportive team environment, training, growth and development, and career advancement. Join our team of passionate and caring professionals to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules including PRN, full and part-time opportunities
- Paid training
- Full-time employees have access to benefits including paid time off; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; short- and long-term disability insurance; 403b retirement plan with employer match; and perks galore!
What you’ll do:
- Market to prospective employers to secure job placements for individuals with disabilities.
- Complete intakes regularly and ensure record-keeping standards are maintained.
- Transport individuals to and from various locations in a safe vehicle while maintaining a confidential environment.
- Mentor individuals to help build social skills and relationships.
- Facilitate onsite job instruction, ensuring that individuals are placed in the most appropriate and least restrictive job for their individual needs and interests
- Provide follow-along support and guidance.
- Submit accurate billing weekly by scheduled deadlines.
- Complete initial and ongoing training, and participate in staff development activities.
- Meet Quarterly Revenue Objectives
- Depending on the person you support, you may be required to:
- Provide transportation to and from designated sites.
What you need:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Pass criminal record and healthcare registry check
- Pass driving record check if providing transportation
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED)
- Commitment to achieve competency in required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Note: Current First Aid/CPR blended or classroom certification is required. If you do not currently have certification from an approved provider, our American Red Cross certified instructors will provide you the training.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds independently (per policy)
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours including nights. Weekends and overtime as required.
LIFESPAN Services is committed to a culture that inspires longevity, latitude, creativity, balance, and fulfillment. LIFESPAN Services is an equal opportunity employer.
$15 an hour
Expected salary: $15 per hour
Location: Mecklenburg, NY
Job date: Sun, 06 Aug 2023 06:25:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!