Job title: Job Coach | Employment Specialist
Job description: Company Description
At Dungarvin, we are creating something special. A Minnesota based industry leader for over 45 years, we are looking to add an experienced and committed human service professional to support individuals with disabilities. If you are looking to make a difference, if you are creative and solution focused, if you are interested in growing in your career, we want you on our team!
What We Offer:
– Can work 1-2 days REMOTEY
– Mileage reimbursement
– 401(k) plan reimbursement
– Paid time off
– Paid training
– Group insurance benefits
– Employee referral bonus program
– Career Advancement opportunities
Job Coach – Employment Services, Hybrid position
$18.50/hr starting pay
Employment services are designed to help a person learn about competitive, integrated employment; find a job that incorporates their strengths and interests; and maintain long-term employment. We work with individuals on a 1:1 basis, helping each find the job that works best for them. These services are provided through a blend of in-person shifts where we meet with individuals at their houses or other community location, as well as remote shifts. As a hybrid position with remote shifts, there is the possibility of up to two days per week of remote work, depending on service needs. In addition to travel between shift sites, this position requires transportation of individuals in staff’s personal vehicle. All mileage accrued while on shift is reimbursed. Candidates must support the full integration of adults with disabilities in the community and provide person-centered, strengths-based services and a commitment to competitive, integrated employment.
In this position you will:
- Meet with individuals 1:1, both in the community and at their homes
- Manage a dynamic schedule and caseload of individuals receiving employment services
- Complete individualized, strength-based assessments to determine career interests, skills, abilities, and support needs
- Review and develop resumes based on skills and strengths
- Provide job search assistance in order to obtain competitive, integrated employment
- Provide support to complete initial onboarding and training, and maintain long-term employment
- Attend team meetings, write progress reports, and maintain clear, effective communication with the support team
- Create lasting, positive impacts on peoples’ lives through coach, mentoring, and encouraging others to reach their employment goals
- A two-year degree OR commensurate experience in working with developmentally disabled and/or mental illness, as determined by the supervisor, is required.
- Prior experience teaching & coaching
- Knowledge of the employment environment and hiring processes
- High school diploma or GED
- Adept in the use of technology
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Current auto liability insurance
- Reliable vehicle
Equal Opportunity Employer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Expected salary: $18.5 per hour
Location: Champlin, MN
Job date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 22:18:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!