Job title: Work and Family Life Consultant (Transition Assistance and Family Employment)
Company: Zeiders Enterprises
Job description: Description :
Job Title: Work and Family Life Consultant
Work and Family Life Consultants provide one-on-one consultation, information and referral, classroom training, workshops and seminars in support of the education and training component of Fleet and Family Support Program (FFSP) programs and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a wide range of programs and services to the FFSP
- Conduct training classes for Sailors and family members
- Provide specific information on resources available
- Work individually with clients where appropriate
- Ensure all information and referral, one-on-one, and group education services provided are entered and counted in Fleet and Family Support Management Information Systems (FFSMIS)
- Ensure all programs and services scheduled and delivered are in the automated Centralized
- Scheduling and metrics system in use by the FFSP
- Provide support related to disaster preparedness and response
- Other duties as assigned
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or related behavioral science field OR a combination of social science education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree OR Four years’ equivalent experience
- Experience making presentations and facilitating training for large and small groups
- Demonstrate general knowledge of FFSP programs and experience in one or more of following program area(s):
- Transition Assistance and Family Employment
- Cross-training and support for additional program areas as assigned
- Knowledge of the formulation and execution of needs assessment tools
- Knowledge of the military and the challenges of the military life style
- Knowledge of social services and/or education delivery systems
- Skilled in providing individual education as well as group facilitation
- Knowledge of the tenets of adult education and the development of training curricula based on the adult learning model
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to use verbal and written communication skills effectively
- Ability to conduct program evaluations and use those evaluations to improve program effectiveness
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software and demonstrated ability to use software to prepare management reports and provide information
Other Skills and Abilities
This position requires access to U.S. Government facilities and systems. U.S. Citizenship, a valid driver’s license, transportation, and auto insurance are required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Physical Demands: Works in office areas. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Uses personal computer, telephones, copiers, printers and other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This position may require overseas travel and training delivery at sea.
Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay Range: $40,000 – $55,600
PLEASE NOTE: The Zeiders pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) location, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Expected salary: $40000 – 55600 per year
Location: San Diego, CA
Job date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 00:04:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!