Job title: CUSTODIAN INF 23
Company: Sioux-Hudson Employment Services
Job description: Job Description
REGULAR, FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN KENORA, ONTARIO
COMPETITION # INF 23-36
Dedicated to improving everyday lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire one (1) Regular, Full-Time Custodian located in Kenora, Ontario to join our Infrastructure team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, the Custodian is responsible for providing custodial duties which will contribute to the effective operation and maintenance of the portfolio assets that are owned, leased, or occupied by the KDSB. Facilities include but are not limited to administrative office spaces, community and senior’s housing complexes, emergency shelters, supportive/transitional housing projects, EMS bases, childcare facilities, and other organizational facilities. Assets also include solar PV plants, onsite water and sewer treatment systems, and fleet vehicles.
Key responsibilities include:
- Clean and maintain all public areas of buildings including but not limited to hallways, stairwells, entrances, lobbies, lounges, washrooms and dining areas. General duties will include but are not limited to the removal of daily accumulated garbage; disinfection of hard and soft surfaces (including bodily fluids spill clean-up); strip, wax, sweep, mop or vacuum floors; wash windows; clean, dust, and wipe furniture and fixtures; empty/clean wastebaskets, trash containers and cigarette urns; replace light bulbs; refill restroom dispensers; and similar tasks.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, pressure washers, vacuums, brooms, mops, squeegees and similar for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Complete grounds keeping duties as assigned including but not limited to, care for flowers/hedges/trees, clearing debris, mowing, and trimming grass, snow and ice removal and sanding of walkways. Pick up litter, cleaning up site and disposing of accumulated debris.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, seminars, group counselling, events, etc., and move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- Participate in KDSB’s Fire Prevention and Fire Safety Plans. This includes but is not limited to aiding tenants in cases of fire alarms under the direction of local fire authorities and completion of daily checks and logs. Maintain general security in secured buildings by inspecting doors and locks regularly.
- Show vacant suites and buildings to prospective tenants, deliver tenant notices and aid tenants with requests such as lockouts.
- Complete logs related to tasks completed as required.
- Assist with unit preparation during tenant move-in/out.
- Provide relief coverage for co-workers and perform other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have or be able to:
- Working knowledge of building cleaning and disinfecting practices.
- Experience operating power-driven and mechanical equipment including all forms of hand tools, lawn and snow removal equipment, and flooring cleaning equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and confidentiality and work independently to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks as described above (sweeping, mopping, shovelling, raking, etc.).
Qualifications will include:
- Successful completion of a High School diploma
- Experience and/or familiarity with completing the above tasks are preferred.
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check must be provided.
- A valid Ontario Class G Driver’s license is required.
We offer a salary ranging from $19.77 – $22.25 per hour. Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
This posting will remain open until filled.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
Expected salary: $19.77 – 22.25 per hour
Location: Kenora, ON
Job date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 07:43:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!