Job title: COMMUNITY PARAMEDICINE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Company: Sioux-Hudson Employment Services
Job description: Job Description
COMMUNITY PARAMEDICINE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
REGULAR, FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN DRYDEN, ONTARIO
COMPETITION # ADM 23-44
Dedicated to improving everyday lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward-thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.We are currently seeking to hire a Community Paramedicine Administrative Assistant, located in Dryden, Ontario to join our EMS team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.Reporting to the Superintendent of Community Paramedicine, the Community Paramedicine Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and scheduling support for the Community Paramedic (CP) program. This will include data entry, system maintenance, scheduling of community paramedics and clients, digital asset management and monitoring functions for client databases.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with public, internal departments and external stakeholders in a courteous and tactful manner; providing general information and directions to telephone and web-based inquiries; documents information according to program policies and procedures.
- Providing confidential administrative support, including opening and distributing mail, keying reports, memos and letters, proofreading and editing documents, photocopying and faxing information, conducting research, maintaining calendars and processing forms, etc.
- Scheduling and coordinating client appointments with Community Paramedics available in each community, including when appointments need to be changed or cancelled.
- Scheduling, preparing, distributing and assembling materials for meetings and records meeting minutes.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of specific program/department databases and manuals including client record databases, contact lists and a CP resource library. Gathering and exporting data from client databases to meet regular reporting requirements. Creating and maintaining CP assets and fleet in the database.
- Assisting in the creation of program-related policies and directives.
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies.
- Acting as backup to EMS Administrative Assistant when required.
Successful candidates will have:
- Extensive knowledge and experience within the MS Office suite.
- Proficient computer skills as they relate to the general functionality of software.
- Superior communication skills to deal tactfully with employees, managers, and others.
- The ability to use good judgment and tact and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Qualifications will include:
- Diploma in office or business administration or related field.
- 1-2 years related administrative experience preferred.
Along with an excellent benefit package and participation in the OMERS pension plan, we offer a salary ranging from $57,895.66 – $71,004.12 per annum.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail, on or before July 24, 2023, at 4:00pm local time to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
Expected salary: $57895.66 – 71004.12 per year
Location: Dryden, ON
Job date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 04:15:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!