Job title: Ski & Snowboard School Employment Coordinator
Company: Vail Resorts
Job description: Create Your Experience of a Lifetime!
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first-time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you’ll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service – our leading training and development experience, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, and mountain shuttles
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (for eligible seasonal employees after working 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Coordinate HR related functions for the Ski & Snowboard School, including the hiring of seasonal ski/snowboard instructors, J-1 students and support staff to successfully operate the Breckenridge Ski & Snowboard School at three different on-mountain locations. Develops processes to efficiently on-board returning employees in a timely manner. During the winter season, this position will provide administrative assistance, including but not limited to: payroll processing, auditing, issuing paychecks, ordering supplies and track instructor training completion at on-mountain locations.
- Outlet: Ski & Ride School
- Expected Pay Range: $20.80 – $28.49 / hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time, Year Round
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Hiring of all non-management employees: post positions, manage target levels, process applications, interview and process job offers, process data and paperwork, communication of new hires with supervisory staff. Admin assistance for hiring of management personnel
- Work closely with and assist other members of the administration and supervisory team. Perform other projects as requested by the Senior Leadership Team of the Ski & Snowboard School
- Assist with yearly scheduling process for returning instructors
- Design the monthly instructor reward system – Peak Performer
- Tracks foot bed reimbursement process and assure compliance within set expectations
- Distribute Ski & Snowboard School employee housing allotment and its allocation to staff
- Create weekly/monthly communication (newsletters, weekly emails etc.) to all employees within the department
- Set up of Ski & Snowboard School employees using an Access database
- Assist with development and implementation of Ski & Snowboard School uniform distribution process
- Assist with separation process of seasonal staff and ensure timely processing and submission of paperwork
- Update the Ski & Snowboard School website (
) * Daily checking of BreckSkiSchoolStaff e-mail and the Ski & Snowboard School Facebook page
- Provide winter seasonal administrative support at on-mountain locations including: RPOS/PeopleSoft payroll processing, auditing, issuing paychecks, ordering supplies, answer instructor questions etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Minimum of two years administrative experience
- Must have excellent guest service and communication skills
- Must work well in a team
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Fluent in English language, both written and verbal
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including weekends
- College degree
- HR/Recruiting experience
- Snow sports work experience
- RPOS/PeopleSoft experience
- MS Access experience
- Successfactors knowledge
The expected pay range is $20.80 – $28.49. This is the pay range we reasonably expect to pay for this position. Individual compensation decisions are based on a variety of factors.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 497159
Reference Date: 08/09/2023
Job Code Function: Administrative
Expected salary: $20.8 – 28.49 per hour
Location: Breckenridge, CO
Job date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 22:27:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!