Job title: Junior Estimator (Commercial Flooring)
Company: Express Employment Professionals
Job description: Share
Located in Ottawa, ON
Salary: $45,000 – $52,500 per year
Our client, a commercial flooring contractor located in the Central-East End (St-Laurent & Innes), is currently looking for a Junior Flooring Estimator to join their growing team. Our client is open to considering recent graduates from the Architectural Technician program as well as the Construction Project Management program.
***Please note this is a fully in-office position (not hybrid/remote)***
Why work for this organization:
- Health and dental benefits after probation (100% paid premiums for single coverage)
- Career and professional development
- Room for growth
- Fun / casual atmosphere
Required Skills and qualifications:
- Architectural Technician/Technologist, Construction Project Management, or CET Diploma is ideal
- Experience using AutoCAD (or similar floorplan CAD software) to read and interpret drawings
- Previous estimating, bidding, or quoting experience considered an asset
- Eagerness to learn and develop new skills
- Strong English communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to handle stress and tight deadlines
- Comfortable working in a blue-collared environment – Construction Industry
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Interpret AutoCAD drawings and specifications
- Trace project drawings into MeasureSquare software to determine product/material quantities
- Assist Senior Estimator / Project Manager with bidding processes on various project opportunities
- Initiate project take-offs
- Communicate with suppliers, clients, and other trade professionals
- Electronic filing and organizing of project documents and information
- Follow up on bids throughout the bidding process
- Perform other duties as required
The starting salary for this position ranges from $45,000 – $52,500 per year, depending on experience.
Hours: Monday to Friday – 9:00am to 5:00pm is ideal; or 8:00am to 4:00pm if needed for accommodation.
If you are interested and believe you meet the specified qualifications, please send your resume to this ad.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Express Employment Professionals; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Express Office: Ottawa
2733 Lancaster Road
Ottawa, ON K1B 0A9
Expected salary: $45000 – 52500 per year
Location: Ottawa, ON
Job date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 22:11:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!