Job title: Employment Specialist
Company: Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists, Inc. (VRSI)
Job description: Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists Inc. (VRSI) has a Full-Time Employment Specialist position available in our Omaha office. VRSI is a veteran owned agency that provides free employment services to qualifying veterans in the community.
The Employment Specialist is responsible for performing the day-to-day delivery of reintegration services for Veterans who are at risk of losing housing. The Employment Specialist will work closely with Veterans to ensure the service reflects the veteran’s needs, abilities, and employment goals. They will coach, support, and monitor Veterans in the initial stages of employment and maintain relations with employers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Case Management
- Source Job Openings
- Securing Employment for Clients
- Case Note Writing
- Resume Writing
- Outreach (Driving personal vehicle to meet with service providers and veterans)
- Coach and Prepare Candidate for Interviews
- Individual Employment Planning
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in Business, Counseling, Vocational Rehabilitation, or related field.
- Minimum of one (1) year of related experience in job development, recruiting, or counseling.
- Must work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent writing, counseling, and communication skills.
- Ability to be insured by company car insurance to drive a company vehicle.
- Business skills to conduct job searches.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Other Valuable Experience:
- Veteran Services
- Social Work
- Case Work
· Monday – Friday (0800-1630 or 0830-1700)
· $18.00 – $21.00 based on experience
· VRSI does not offer medical, dental, or vision insurance
· VRSI does offer SIMPLE IRA
Company Holidays & Time Off:
· 10 Paid Company Holidays
· 24 Hours of Sick Time after 90 days of employment
· No PTO or Vacation (any scheduled time off is unpaid)
Applications & Interviews:
· Applications will remain open until all positions are filled.
· Interviews will take place via MS Teams or Zoom.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 – $21.00 per hour
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Omaha, NE 68105: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Case management: 1 year (Preferred)
Please note: This position does not offer medical, dental or vision benefits. Any PTO/Vacation time is unpaid. We offer 10 paid company holidays and 24 hours of sick time.
Expected salary: $18 – 21 per hour
Location: Omaha, NE
Job date: Sun, 06 Aug 2023 01:34:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!