Job title: Employment Specialist
Company: Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists, Inc. (VRSI)
Job description: Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists Inc. (VRSI) has a full-time Employment Specialist position available in our NEW Iowa City, Iowa office.
Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists, Inc. (VRSI) is a company that provides the Department of Labor’s Homeless Veteran Reintegration Program (HVRP) grant to qualified Military Veterans. We have office locations in California, Wisconsin, Florida, Nebraska and Iowa. The purpose of VRSI is to provide free courteous, quality and professional services designed to assist eligible veterans, service members, and other individuals to attain their maximum vocational potential. VRSI provides multiple services including vocational counseling, vocational evaluation, and employment services.
The Employment Specialist is responsible for performing the day-to-day delivery of reintegration services for Veterans who are at-risk of losing housing. The Employment Specialist will work closely with Veterans to ensure the service reflects the veteran’s needs, abilities, and employment goals. They will coach, support, and monitor Veterans in the initial stages of employment and maintain relations with employers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Case Management
· Source Job Openings
· Securing Employment for Clients
· Case Note Writing
· Resume Writing
· Outreach – Personal Vehicle with Mileage Reimbursement
· Coach and Prepare Candidate for Interviews
· Individual Employment Planning
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· Associate’s degree in Business, Counseling, Vocational Rehabilitation, or related field.
· Minimum of one (1) year of related experience in job development, recruiting, or counseling.
· Must work independently and as a team member.
· Excellent writing, counseling, and communication skills.
· Ability to work virtually with our veterans and service providers
· Must be willing to commute to our Omaha, Nebraska location for Training (Mileage Reimbursement)
· Business skills to conduct job searches.
· Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· SIMPLE IRA
· Flexible Schedule
· 10 Paid Company Holidays
· 24 Hours of Sick Time after 90 days; No PTO or Vacation – Scheduled time off is unpaid
Please note: This position does not offer medical, dental or vision benefits. Any PTO/Vacation time is unpaid. We offer 10 paid company holidays and 24 hours of sick time.
Expected salary: $18 – 21 per hour
Location: Iowa City, IA
Job date: Sun, 06 Aug 2023 02:09:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!