Job title: Employment Services Manager – Career Center
Company: Project for Pride in Living
Job description: Accepting applications until filled
Who We Are:
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. (PPL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low-income people to become self-reliant through integrated services. When joining PPL, you become a part of a diverse team whose person-centered approach to services ensures individuals and families receive the housing and ecosystem of support they need to achieve greater stability now and for the next generation. We are eager to welcome new team members dedicated to serving our residents and pursuing our mission to build the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative, affordable housing and employment readiness services. PPL strives to be an equitable and inclusive organization committed to elevating the voices of the communities we serve that are disproportionately affected by systemic inequities.
PPL’s Employment Readiness team is seeking a Employment Services Manager to join the PPL team! This position is responsible for management of the employment services provided to participants utilizing PPL’s Access Program. PPL’s Career Center Access Program provides quality services including resume writing, interview skills, job search workshop instruction, and other employment related activities to support PPL participants towards their employment and training goals. The Employment Services Manager works closely with other staff members of the Career Center and other PPL programs, as well as key external employer and education partners to support PPL’s Mission. This position provides leadership and management to Access Program team comprised of two Career Specialists and up to six AmeriCorps Members and/or volunteers.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a personable mid-level professional with supervisory experience in employment services. Our ideal candidate has solid communication skills and enjoys working with people from diverse backgrounds, identities, and life experiences.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversee program design and management of the contract(s) that fund programming.
- Responsible for tracking, outcome measurement, and reporting on the above listed contracts.
- Manage program budgets and work with the Associate Director of Employment and Training as needed to secure program funds.
- Maintain professional communication with participants, partners, community connections and co-workers
- Assist in coordinating and implementing program changes, meetings and events as needed
- Participate in Placement and Retention meetings with other Career Specialists and managers
- Participate in various PPL committees/meetings as needed
- Serve on Employment Training Leadership Team
A detailed job description is available upon request or when selected for the next phase of the hiring process.
- BA/BS degree in Human Services, Sociology, Public Administration, and/or related field
- 2 years of experience in Employment Services or other closely related field
- 1 year of demonstrated leadership, people management/supervisory, and oversight of fiscal accountability
- Strong desire to serve adults with employment barriers and diverse populations.
- Knowledge of community programs, specifically in Minneapolis, as well as resources for participants with barriers to employment
- Experience with program development
- Ability to coach and supervise staff
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to problem solve and provide crisis intervention
- Strong leadership, organization and communication skills
- Reliable transportation
Benefits: Employer-sponsored health & dental insurance; employer-paid short & long term disability insurance, life insurance, and paid parental leave. Voluntary life insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) retirement plan with employer match; summer half-day Fridays; an impactful presence in an organization that makes a difference in many lives.
Salary: $53,000-$63,000/Yr., DOQ
PPL utilizes a hybrid remote/in-person work model. The Career Pathways Program Manager is required to work in-person at PPL’s Career Center in South Minneapolis at least 60% of their work week.
Qualified candidates can apply online. Include a cover letter and resume. The process includes phone screens and virtual/ in-person interviews, references, and background checks for final candidates.
PPL strives to be an equitable and inclusive organization committed to elevating the voices of the communities we serve those who are disproportionately affected by systemic inequities. Persons of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Expected salary: $53000 – 63000 per year
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job date: Sat, 05 Aug 2023 05:15:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!