Job title: After Incarceration Support Program – Employment and Education Specialist
Job description: Salary
Description and Responsibilities
Open Sky Community Services, in collaboration with the Department of Corrections, is excited to announce a first of its kind program in the state of Massachusetts, The After Incarceration Support Program. This program will support the re-entry of returning citizens who have been recently released from the DOC and other individuals who have a history of Justice System Involvement. The Aftercare Incarceration Support Program is community-driven and fosters active community involvement, and engagement. The program offers a safe, judgement free, resource rich environment that breaks down barriers to reintegration while providing access to essential, customized resources, and supports a mission to invest in each individual’s success. The scope of services includes outreach and engagement, food and nutrition assistance, educational and job placement services, housing assistance as well as healthcare and addiction treatment.
The Employment and Education Specialist will work with individuals to identify and meet their goals of gaining competitive employment in community job settings, or enrollment in short-term training programs. They collaborate with other vocational and educational community supports, provide employment and education related workshops, and conduct job development and job search activities that are unique to each individuals interests and skillset.
Other Key responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the individual’s specified treatment team regarding employment and/or educational goals of individuals, and to coordinate efforts towards achievement of those goals.
- Understand, embrace, and operate within the recovery model.
- Assist in vocational readiness through the development of relevant skills including completion of job applications, resume writing and interview preparation
- Help individuals access benefits counseling when making decisions about changes in work hours and pay. Assist individuals in obtaining information about their benefits, and how they will be affected by employment.
- To conduct job development and job search activities directed towards positions that are individualized to the interests and uniqueness of the individuals served, following the principles of supported employment
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent, required.
- Valid Driver’s License, reliable and insured vehicle, required.
- Minimum of one year experience working with individuals with disabilities (including behavioral health challenges), required.
- Employment Specialist certification or certifiable.
- Lived experience, preferred.
At Open Sky Community Services, we open our doors, hearts, and minds to the belief that every individual, regardless of perceived limitations, deserves the chance to live a productive and fulfilling life.
Open Sky is on an anti-racist journey, committed to learning, living, and breathing inclusion, opportunity, diversity, racial equity and justice for ALL.
At Open Sky, you’ll join over 1,100 compassionate and highly trained professionals who put innovative, evidence-based practices to work in ways that positively impact our communities across Central Massachusetts and beyond.
As a trauma-informed organization, Open Sky strives for transparency and sensitivity to the experiences of those we interact with. Self-care is encouraged, and we are committed to providing a positive work culture that is focused on continuous learning and the value of diverse perspectives.
Open Sky is proud to be an industry leader in pay and benefits. Open the Door to Possibility, and begin your career with Open Sky today!
Benefits of Working for Open Sky Include:
- Excellent Supervision (Individual and Group), Professional Development, and Training Opportunities
- Generous paid time off plan – you start with 29 days (almost 6 weeks!) in your first year, including 12 paid holidays. Increases to 32 days in your 2nd year, and the current maximum is 43 days (OVER 8 WEEKS!)
- We pay for your higher education! Ask about our Tuition Reimbursement Program, and reimbursement for a variety of Human Services certifications
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with Prescription Plan
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Life Insurance (100% Employer-Paid)
- Eligible employer for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- And more!
Open Sky celebrates diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or disabled Veteran status.
Expected salary: $19.75 per hour
Location: Worcester, MA
Job date: Sun, 06 Aug 2023 01:39:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!