Job title: Workforce Inclusion Employment Specialist
Company: PRIDE Industries
Job description: Pay Rate
$22.15 per hour
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Work Force Inclusion Employment Specialist
Job Code: AA014 – PR-WrkfIncl Empl Spec
HR Title Group: Workforce Inclusion
Salary Grade: N19
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: August 2022
There are no direct reports with this position.
The Employment Specialist, Workforce Inclusion will provide career assessments, training, resources, and guidance in identifying employment opportunities, post-secondary education, paid internships, and job opportunities for people with disabilities.
1. *Develop and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with local agencies, schools, businesses, service agencies, and other organizations, as appropriate
2. *Administer and implement career assessments and coordinate support with providers to provide holistic and comprehensive case management
3. *Develop systematic work experience and community engagement opportunities
4. *Identify and facilitate training to support gaining skills needed for pre-employment and/or post-employment
5. *Refer eligible clients to appropriate community resources
6. Performs duties and special projects as assigned
- Denotes Essential Job Function
- Ability to identify and match jobs and other opportunities to the individual’s needs and interests
- Intermediate computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing, database, and presentation software
- Ability to communicate effectively including listening, verbal, and written
- Demonstrate ability to apply critical thinking to identify solutions to problems
- Demonstrate basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, percentages, and ratios
- Ability to manage competing priorities and exercise flexibility
- Experience working with people with disabilities preferred
Bachelors in Business Administration or related field
A comparable combination of formal education and work experience will be considered.
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver’s License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
- Viewing computer screen/monitor
- Maneuvering to and around equipment
- Bending, kneeling, stooping, and reaching
- Transporting to various locations within customer site(s)
Work may be performed at a customer’s location, in an office, or shop environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise or noise from equipment. Transporting to locations within the work site may be required. Employees may also be exposed to extreme cold or heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at . PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Expected salary: $22.15 per hour
Location: Yuba City, CA
Job date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 03:59:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!