Job title: INTEGRATED SOCIAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR
Company: Sioux-Hudson Employment Services
Job description: Job Description
INTEGRATED SOCIAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR
REGULAR, FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN KENORA, ONTARIO
COMPETITION # ISS 23-45
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward-thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire a regular, full-time Integrated Social Services Supervisor located in Kenora, Ontario to join our Integrated Social Services (ISS) team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Integrated Social Services Manager, the Integrated Social Services Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the ISS programs, employees, and day-to-day operations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assess, approve, and monitor various benefits, subsidies and expenditures to clients, tenants, residents, families, and service providers.
- Provide leadership and ensure clear communication is established and ongoing within the ISS Department, with other KDSB Departments and with external organizations.
- Develop strong working relationships with service providers to support shared outcomes. This includes developing an understanding of external organization’s mandates and services and how they interconnect with ISS services and mandates.
- Ensure KDSB property offers, lease policies, directives and processes are followed. Lead tenant meetings, review feedback data and monitor tenant follow-up to support safe and successful tenancy.
- Work with community partners and the infrastructure and ISS teams to support and improve outcomes, including but not limited to community planning tables, case conferences, etc.
- Ensure that data collection and verification reporting are completed, and any reports are completed as required.
- Ensure privacy and audit requirements are fulfilled.
- Establish and carry out all training plans for ISS staff.
- Ensure all Ministry and Board directives are implemented through sharing of new information via e-mail, team meetings and broadcasts. Address concerns and seek and provide clarification as required.
- Identify and communicate quality gaps to the ISS Manager and recommend improvement strategies.
- Recommend successful applicants for employment, interview, assigns and evaluate the responsibilities and performance of employees.
- Recommend and oversee work assignments as required within the ISS Department.
- Ensure KDSB policies, directives and procedures are consistently followed, throughout the District.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, program and funding policies, mechanisms, and procedures related to a variety of municipal, provincial, and federal social assistance, early learning and care, housing services, employment, and other associated government programs.• Supervisory skills including leadership, facilitation, and team-building expertise.
- Excellent planning, leadership, and project implementation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as function as an effective team leader/member.
- Strong organizational skills, high level of initiative and the ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Require sufficient communication and interpersonal skills in dealing effectively with the supervision of the ISS Team, the public and community agencies, including an appreciation of the need for confidentiality, tact and discretion. Compassion with a focus on life stabilization and improving outcomes are critical.
QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education program in Social Services or Business Administration and three years’ related experience, one year demonstrated leadership.
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- A valid Ontario Class G (or equivalent) driver’s license.
Along with an excellent benefits package and participation in the OMERS pension plan, we offer a salary ranging from $86,407.433 – $98,696.61 per annum.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail, on or before July 25, 2023 at 4:00 pm local time to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
Expected salary: $98696.61 per year
Location: Kenora, ON
Job date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 22:39:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!