Job title: FAMILY SERVICE WORKER
Company: Sioux-Hudson Employment Services
Job description: Job Description
Job Title: FAMILY SERVICE WORKER
Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Competition #: 2023-FS-031
Starting Salary: $59,436
Reports To: Direct Service Supervisor
Location(s): Sioux Lookout, ON
The Family Service Worker oversees services and supports to families – families whose children have been taken
into care and families whose children are in their care and are receiving services from Tikinagan. The work of the
Family Service Worker is guided by our Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin Service Model – everyone working together to
raise our children.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a trusting relationship with families on your caseload through regular visits and contact.
- Assess their needs and develop and maintain a service plan for each family, working with the children,
parents, extended family, local service providers, Chief and Council and others as appropriate.
- Assist the family to connect with community supports and services.
- When necessary, assess and monitor risk level to help determine when children can return home.
- Keep the Supervisor informed of key issues and serious occurrences.
- Complete case notes on all case activities and maintain child(ren) care files.
- This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants. Persons of First Nations
Ancestry will be given preference. We invite applicants to Self-Identify if Indigenous, Metis or Inuit.
- Interest in working with children and youth and life experiences.
- Willing to attend training as required.
- Knowledge of and lived experience with the Indigenous culture.
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to speak Oji-Cree or Ojibway is an asset.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Valid driver’s license or willingness to obtain driver’s license.
- Travel is a requirement.
TO APPLY: Send your job application/resume to the Hiring Committee and include the Competition Number or the
name of the position you are applying for:
- BY MAIL: P.O. Box 627, Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B1 OR
- BY FAX: (807) 737-4550 OR
- BY EMAIL: email@example.com OR
- BY WEBSITE: www.tikinagan.org/careers/ OR
- DROP OFF YOUR APPLICATION AT ANY OF OUR OFFICES (ask the receptionist to fax your application to
***ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED***
However, we welcome applicants to contact HR if they wish to follow up on an application or inquire about other opportunities at
Tikinagan. AODA AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Expected salary: $59436 per year
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Job date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 00:48:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!