Job title: Employment Specialist – Rogers Park
Company: Trilogy Behavioral Healthcare
Job description: Overview
Evanston/Rogers Park location
Mon-Fri, 8 am – 4:30 pm CT
$19.23 – 23.07 /Hr.
The Employment Specialist will focus on employment/vocational services and goals with the client. They will follow the principles and procedures of the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model for supported employment.
The Employment Specialist will assess the client’s personal, vocational, medical, emotional, social, and environmental situation to plan for treatment course through home, community, and office visits. They will provide individually-based motivational treatment and support to clients to assist them in their recovery from mental illness. The Employment Specialist will be an advocate for clients and link them to community services as needed. They will provide client-centered, strengths-based, and trauma-informed services to clients with severe mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse/addiction disorders utilizing a harm reduction approach.
The Employment Specialist will provide at least 65% of all community support services in the community.
- Engage clients and establish a relationship directed toward the goal of obtaining employment within the community. Develop an individual employment plan with clients that incorporates feedback from treatment team and/or family members.
- Educate clients regarding how employment can affect their entitlements (i.e. Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid, etc.). Support clients so they can make informed decisions about employment opportunities. Discuss disclosure of psychiatric status to employers
- Conduct job development and job search activities directed toward positions that are individualized to the interests and uniqueness of the client.
- Assist clients with applications, resumes, interview skills, attendance at interviews, and other activities that enhances the client’s ability to gain employment.
- Conduct employer contacts that are designed to learn about the needs of the business, describe supports offered by the supported employment program, and describe client strengths to promote hiring opportunities
- Provide education and support to employers; i.e. negotiate job accommodations, assist with job training, provide follow-along support to the employer, etc. to increase client job retention
- Provide individualized follow-along supports to assist clients in the maintenance of employment; e.g. create job support plans, assist with reporting earnings, and refer clients to benefits counseling as needed
- Assess clients’ vocational ability on an ongoing basis through collaboration with treatment teams and work experiences. Communicate with treatment team to integrate vocational services into treatment plan. Participate in meetings to help coordinate services for clients.
- Use various methods to provide outreach services when clients appear disengaged from the program.
- Perform other related duties and/or projects as assigned
Must have a) received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire or b) submitted and received approval of a religious or medical exemption, prior to start date, in order to be considered. * Must have one of the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- High School Diploma or GED with two years of supervised clinical experience in a mental health setting
- Licensed Practical Nurse under the Nurse Practice Act [225 ILCS 65]
- Certificate of Psychiatric Rehabilitation from a DHS-approved program, a high school diploma/GED, and two years’ experience of experience in a mental health setting
- CRSS certification through IAODAPCA
- Family Partnership Professional certificate from and in good standing with IAODAPCA
- Occupational Therapy Assistant licensed under the Illinois Occupational Therapy Practice Act [225 ILCS 75] with one-year experience in a mental health setting
- High school diploma or GED and five years of supervised clinical experience in a mental health setting
- Valid Illinois driver’s license with daily access to a well-maintained vehicle with $100,000/$300,000 liability insurance
- Experience working with people with mental health and/or substance abuse diagnoses preferred
- Experience in community-based services preferred
- Marketing skills preferred
Expected salary: $19.23 – 23.07 per hour
Job date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 01:20:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!