Job title: Education and Employment Specialist
Company: Pathways Community Services CA
Job description: Welcome to Pathways of California’s career website! If you are passionate about helping others and enthusiastic about your future, we want you to join our team!
Our company is known for an unwavering commitment to exceptional value and recovery-focused, quality care. We are experts in the field of behavioral health care, providing cutting-edge mental health and substance use community-based services and offer a dynamic employment experience! Pathways offers competitive salaries and benefits, comprehensive on-boarding and job training, a supportive learning environment, ongoing education in the use of evidence-based, promising practices and much more! We have over 30 outpatient behavioral health locations nestled throughout our communities located in Kern County, Los Angeles County, Orange County, and San Diego County.
SUMMARY OF PROGRAM:
Kickstart is a recovery-oriented program with a diverse clinical team specially trained to educate the community, treat youth and assist families in preventing psychosis. We serve young people ages 10 to 25 (Medi-cal eligible and no insurance), their families, and their social networks to build support around the youth and promote success in relationships, education and employment. Kickstart strives to keep hope alive through education and early intervention.
The education/employment specialist acts as the liaison between the client and the employers/representatives from educational/vocational services.
- Develop and maintain education/job bank records
- Asses clients for placement
- Refer clients to applicable resources
- Ensure one on one education and employment support is provided
- Maintain client records and provide follow up contact for successful placement assurance
- Provide job readiness training to clients
- Other duties as assigned or necessary to support the program and/or the company
- Provide the best customer care possible
- Identify and build upon the strengths of consumers, coworkers, and the communities we serve.
- Support consumer’s steps toward Recovery Wellness.
- Create an organizational culture that respects and celebrates the diversity of our consumers.
- Value learning as an ongoing process that enables us to better service our consumers and establishes our leadership in the industry.
- Research and utilize our industry’s best practices and analyze our own services to ensure the possible outcomes.
DO THE FOLLOWING APPLY TO YOU?
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university and a minimum of two years experience on the job coaching, job development or educational services or five (5) or more years experience in job coaching, job development or educational services.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Knowledge and experience with job and educational/vocational coordination for transitional age youth is required
- Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills, computer skills and communication skills are a must.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
PERKS OF WORKING WITH PATHWAYS CALIFORNIA:
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Paid Vacation Days (1st year 12 days; increases with tenure)
- Paid Sick Days (Accrual per pay period)
- 9 Paid Holidays (including Day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision including a Health Savings Account or FSA
- Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and/or Dependents
- Perks @ Pathways (student loan refinancing, pet insurance, Verizon wireless discount, movie, hotel, concert, and sporting event discounts)
If you’re #readytowork PATHWAYS CA is #readytohire!
Not the job you’re looking for?
Pathways have a variety of positions in various locations; please go to www.pathwaysofcalifornia.com/ click on the “Apply Here” icon in the upper right-hand corner and click on the location near you from the drop-down menu.
The pathway is an equal-opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Expected salary: $18 per hour
Location: San Diego, CA
Job date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 00:49:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!