Job title: Data Entry Clerk
Company: Sioux-Hudson Employment Services
Job description: Job Description
Data Entry Clerk
Full Time Position
Location: Sioux Lookout, Ontario
Salary Range: $24.445 to $29.761
Reference Number: 2023 089
If applying by email, indicate reference number in subject line
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Data Entry/File Clerk will be responsible for entering all hostel and hotel guests into the computer system. The Data Entry/File Clerk will also be responsible for the input of vouchers, billings and non-insured warrant stay as well as recording, keeping, and filing.
- Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
- Must be available for all shifts, Shifts include early morning, days, evenings and weekends
- The ability to perform the requirements of the position on a regular basis.
- Minimum Grade 12 and/or post-secondary education in health services field or equivalent working experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience in clerical field is a asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office computer software, database or MTRS program asset
- Previous experience working in the Sioux Lookout Zone health care system would be a definite asset.
- Professional integrity and the (ability to maintain confidentiality is essential)
- Good working knowledge and experience in time management, excellent organizational skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Experience in file management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To prepare daily billing for SLFNHA. All packages must be reviewed by the Team Leader and or other data entry clerk and signed off before going to Finance.
- Verify daily log sheet totals for both programs.
- Compile applicable statistical information to be entered into electronic database system.
- Keep accurate records of all clients on a database system, ensuring and verifying accuracy, and completeness of data prior to entry into database system.
- Filing all client information including names, dates, locations, date of birth and band number into lockable filing cabinets.
- Photocopy, collate and file documents.
- Responsible for training on file systems.
- Print out stats or as requested.
- Request Purchase Orders when needed and count from main office.
- Request Data/Purchase Orders from NIHB that is not in system.
- Attach SLFNHA JMK Database check out report with NIHB Purchase Order.
- Write up and submit incident reports to appropriate departments.
- Participate and contribute to regular staff development activities and staff meetings.
- Work as a team member with co-workers, SLFNHA staff and other organizations.
- Provide assistance when required and any other duties assigned.
Apply online at
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
No resumes received after this time will be accepted.
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our website at
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit
Expected salary: $24445 – 29761 per year
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Job date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 22:23:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!