Job title: Youth Outreach Worker 2023-PRE
Company: Sioux-Hudson Employment
Job description: Job Description
Job Title: Youth Outreach Worker 2023-PRE-002
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Competition #: 2023-PRE-003
Starting Salary: $65,379
Reports To: Youth Outreach Supervisor
Location(s): Sioux Lookout, ON
Are you self-motivated, passionate about the potential inherent in every young person, and able and willing to ‘think outside the box’ in order to help young people achieve positive outcomes? If yes, we invite you to become a member of our team!
The Tikinagan Youth Outreach Team is a newly established dynamic service team dedicated to enhancing the lives of high-risk youth. The team’s primary mandate is to outreach and engage youth identified as high risk and support them in making positive life choices. Youth Outreach workers will be youth-centred, responsive to the needs of young people and their families (when appropriate) and will provide a range of holistic services consistent with achieving positive outcomes.
The work of all staff at Tikinagan Child & Family Services is guided by our Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin Service Model – everyone working together to raise our children.
Hours of Work: Flexible
The Youth Outreach Worker will work with youth at times and locations that are consistent with the needs of the youth. Evening and weekend work will be required based on the needs of the youth and communities served.
- This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants. Persons of First Nations Ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment). We invite all applicants to Self-Identify if Indigenous, Metis or Inuit.Experience, confidence and skill in working with youth experiencing multiple risks and/vulnerabilities, and their families.
- Experience and knowledge of youth development and youth engagement
- Knowledgeable about services and programs available to youth within the region
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in and a commitment to collaborative practices
- The ability to work independently and utilize critical thinking skills.
- The belief that unhealthy cycles can be broken, new opportunities created, and through healing, wellbeing restored.
- A commitment to professional development and self-directed learning
- Post-Secondary education an asset
The Youth Outreach Worker will serve as a mentor, be a positive role model, teach appropriate life skills, consult with other service providers, and formulate and inform short- and long-term assessment and treatment plans for youth, in collaboration with other professionals.
TO APPLY: Send your job application/resume to the Hiring Committee and include the Competition Number or the name of the position you are applying for:
- BY MAIL: P.O. Box 627, Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B1 OR
- BY FAX: (807) 737-4550 OR
- BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- DROP OFF YOUR APPLICATION AT ANY OF OUR OFFICES (ask the receptionist to fax your application to Human Resources)
***ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED***
However, we welcome applicants to contact HR if they wish to follow up on an application or inquire about other opportunities at Tikinagan.
AODA AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tikinagan Child and Family Services is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concern with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Tikinagan will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Tikinagan strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Tikinagan will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
To find out more call our HR department at 1-800-465-3624 or visit www.tikinagan.org today!
Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin – Everyone Working Together to Raise Our Children
Expected salary: $65379 per year
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Job date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 02:37:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!