Job title: Warehouse Order Selector
Company: Youth Employment Services
Job description: Description
Warehouse Order Selector (NOC 75101)
Employer: Gordon Food Service (GFS)
- Warehouse Order Selectors are assigned to one location but may occasionally be required to work at the other. The company will cover travel and living-out expenses, as per company policy.
Salary: $23.34/hour to $27.67/hour; Salary increases as per company policy; Performance incentives, productivity incentives (up to $10/hour)
Benefits: Disability, Dental, Extended Medical, Prescription Drug, Full flex benefits program, company matching RRSP, EFAP Benefits (after 30 days of employment, as per company policy); Profit-Sharing; Paid training.
Hours: 40 Hours/week; Shifts:
- Afternoon shift starts at 1 p.m.
- Night shifts:
- Sunday to Thursday, 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.; or
- Sun, Mon, Thurs, 6 p.m. – 4 a.m. and Fri 4 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Employment terms and conditions: Permanent, Full-time; Overtime and Statutory Holiday work may be required
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Experience: Previous experience in a labour-related role considered an asset but not required; training provided
- Repetitive tasks
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Standing for extended periods
- Repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items from 10 to 80 lbs
- Use hands and arms to reach and grasp products
- Lift above and below shoulder levels
- Must be able and willing to pass a Physical Lifting Ability Assessment
- Attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
- Hand-eye co-ordination
Work Site Environment:
- Fast-paced environment
- Work in all warehouse temperature zones:
- Grocery area is warm
- Cooler is approximately 1 or 2 degrees Celsius
- Freezer is approximately -20 degrees Celsius
- Personal Protective Equipment required and provided by company (thermal freezer suite, gloves and boots)
- Moderate level of noise
- Exposure to and handling of all types of food products including seafood, meats, dairy, produce, spices, beverages and equipment
- Quick learner
- Positive attitude
- Team player
Security and safety: Criminal record check
Additional Information: Must complete and pass 20-week paid training.
- Lift and load food service products onto pallets, and prepare pallets for shipping to a customer location
- Accurately scan and select products using a computerized inventory system
- Operate power equipment (e.g., electric pallet jacks)
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations and Food Safety programs
Youth, Veterans of the Canadians Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, Newcomers to Canada are welcome to apply.
Expected salary: $23.34 – 27.67 per hour
Location: Milton, ON
Job date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 08:23:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!