Job title: Residential Care Worker 2023-RES
Company: Sioux-Hudson Employment
Job description: Job Description
Job Title: Residential Care Worker 2023-RES-015
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Competition #: 2023-RES-015
Starting Salary: $59,436
Reports To: Direct Service Supervisor
Location(s): Sioux Lookout, Dryden, and Kenora, ON
The Residential Care Worker is under the direct supervision of and reports to the DSS-Residential. The Residential Care Worker’s main responsibilities are to maintain our foster homes through visitations on a regular basis and respond to referrals for opening Provisional and Foster Homes. The worker submits reports, assessments and documentation on a timely basis to substantiate these visits and is responsible for the case management of foster care files. The Residential Care Worker provides crisis intervention and support services to foster parents. In addition, the worker will, in partnership with the Legal Services Worker, focus on Band Representative cases where families/children are involved with other Child and Family agencies outside of our jurisdiction.
- This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants. Persons of First Nations Ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment). We invite applicants to Self-Identify if Indigenous, Metis or Inuit.
- Experience in child welfare is an asset.
- Knowledge of Foster Care Licensing Standards is an asset.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess skills in planning, organizing, problem solving, decision making, and communication.
- A valid drivers license is preferred, willing and able to travel, and a Criminal Records Check must be provided prior to employment.
- Basic understanding of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act.
- Appropriate educational qualifications and/or equivalent combination of experience and training to manage the tasks and responsibilities of the position.
- Experience with special needs and high-risk children, behavioral problems and crisis intervention.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide verification of both Covid-19 vaccinations
TO APPLY: Send your job application/resume to the Hiring Committee and include the Competition Number or the name of the position you are applying for:
- BY MAIL: P.O. Box 627, Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B1 OR
- BY FAX: (807) 737-4550 OR
- BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- DROP OFF YOUR APPLICATION AT ANY OF OUR OFFICES (ask the receptionist to fax your application to Human Resources)
***ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED***
However, we welcome applicants to contact HR if they wish to follow up on an application or inquire about other opportunities at Tikinagan.
AODA AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tikinagan Child and Family Services is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concern with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Tikinagan will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Tikinagan strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Tikinagan will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
To find out more call our HR department at 1-800-465-3624 or visit www.tikinagan.org today!
Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin – Everyone Working Together to Raise Our Children
Expected salary: $59436 per year
Job date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 23:16:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!