Job title: Instructor – Small Group Employment
Company: Barber National Institute
Job description: Instructor – Small Group Employment
Pay Rate: $14.16/hr.
Hours: Monday – Friday 12:00pm – 8:00pm
Assist adults with intellectual disabilities to gain the job skills and work habits they need for community-integrated employment through guidance in our Small Group Employment (SGE) program.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Small Group Employment Work Services Manager. As a Small Group Employment Instructor, you will provide pre-employment training in job skills and work habits necessary for successful job placement. Responsibilities include supporting and supervising adults with disabilities with social, vocational, and job-seeking skills in the areas of janitorial and outdoor maintenance. Through the SGE program, opportunities are provided to individuals who wish to transition from school or unemployment into an integrated, competitive workforce. An additional responsibility is overseeing contractual obligations and working alongside the Contract Manager.
Qualifications for Instructor – Small Group Employment:
- Must be 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working with persons with intellectual disabilities in community participation supported employment, and pre-employment preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must obtain the Basic Employment Certificate
- Eligibility for State Police Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse History Clearance
- FBI clearance required for individuals who do not meet PA residency requirements
Perks with a Purpose
Our benefits are created with YOU in mind.
- Highmark Medical and Mental Health
- Affordable Telemedicine only option
- Free Delta Dental Coverage
- Free Davis Vision Coverage
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- 401K and 403B Retirement Savings options
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- College Scholarship & Tuition Discounts
- Employee Discounts
Life & Family Support
- Free Life Insurance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- LifeSolutions Employee Assistance Program
- Erie Campus*- discounted on-site weekday childcare
- Employee discounts for select events and services
Who is Barber National Institute?
The Barber National Institute is a non-profit committed to its mission of providing the highest quality services for children and adults with autism, intellectual disabilities, or behavioral health challenges and their families. Since our founding in 1952, we have evolved into a multi-faceted organization serving more than 6,200 individuals annually with a wide range of educational, vocational, residential, and behavioral health programs.
Qualified applicants must meet eligibility for PA Child Abuse History and Criminal Record Check. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. If you need accommodation to apply, please contact HR. EOE
Expected salary: $14.16 per hour
Location: Erie, PA
Job date: Tue, 04 Apr 2023 22:47:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!