Job title: Child Care Worker 2023-CC
Company: Sioux-Hudson Employment
Job description: Job Description
Job Title: Child Care Worker 2023-CC-011
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Competition #: 2023-CC-011
Starting Salary: $59,436
Status: Full Time
Reports To: Direct Service Supervisor
Location(s): Thunder Bay, ON
Child Care Workers oversee services to children who are in the care of Tikinagan. The work of Child Care Workers is guided by our Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin Service Model – everyone working together to raise our children.
Duties include, but are not limited to:`
- Develop a trusting relationship with children in care through regular visits and contact.
- Assess their needs and develop a plan of care for each child in care, working with the child, foster parents, local service providers, Chief and Council and others as appropriate.
- Arrange or provide services to meet the needs of children in care.
- Keep the Supervisor informed of key issues and serious occurrences.
- Complete case notes on all case activities, and maintain up to date documentation for children care files.
- This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants. Persons of First Nations Ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment). We invite applicants to Self-Identify if Indigenous, Metis or Inuit.
- Interest in working with children and youth. Experience with raising a family, working with children, or being a part of community life in small remote communities.
- Interest in learning new skills. On the job training will be provided. Education/experience in social services or child welfare is an asset, but not required
- Knowledge of and lived experience with the Aboriginal culture, including land-based activities, spiritual understanding, importance of Elders, etc
- Basic verbal and written communication skills and personal time management
- Ability to speak Ojicree or Ojibway is a very strong asset, but not required
- Professional integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
- Computer experience is an asset, but not required
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
- Successful applicant will be required to provide verification of both Covid-19 vaccinations
TO APPLY: Send your job application/resume to the Hiring Committee and include the Competition Number or the name of the position you are applying for:
- BY MAIL: P.O. Box 627, Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B1 OR
- BY FAX: (807) 737-4550 OR
- BY EMAIL: Jobs@tikinangan.org OR
- DROP OFF YOUR APPLICATION AT ANY OF OUR OFFICES (ask the receptionist to fax your application to Human Resources)
***ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED***
However, we welcome applicants to contact HR if they wish to follow up on an application or inquire about other opportunities at Tikinagan.
AODA AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tikinagan Child and Family Services is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concern with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Tikinagan will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Tikinagan strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Tikinagan will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
Expected salary: $59436 per year
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Job date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 03:38:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!