Job title: Case Aide Worker 2023-CC
Company: Sioux-Hudson Employment
Job description: Job Description
Job Title: Case Aide Worker 2023-CC-009
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Competition #: 2023-CC-009
Starting Salary: $51,683
Reports To: Direct Service Supervisor
Location(s): Thunder Bay, ON
Case Aides work with local Tikinagan staff to help families and children in the community. Case Aide Workers also make a valuable contribution to the well-being of individual children or families and to community as a whole. The work of Case Aides and all our staff is guided by our Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin Service Model – everyone working together to raise our children.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing supervision with structured activities for children in care, until a suitable placement can be found.
- Working one on one with a child who is placed with a foster family, to provide support for that child.
- Transporting and/or supervising children in Tikinagan care to attend medical appointments, family visits, etc.
- Providing assistance with community events or crisis response such as cooking, serving or transportation.
- Ensuring case notes and log book documentation are completed.
- This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants. Persons of First Nations Ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment). We invite applicants to Self-Identify if Indigenous, Metis or Inuit.
- Knowledge of and lived experience with the Aboriginal culture, including land-based activities, spiritual understanding, importance of Elders, etc.
- Creativity in problem-solving and empathetic towards children and families. Education/experience in social services or child welfare is an asset, but not required.
- Experience working with high-risk or special needs children would be an asset, but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak Ojicree or Ojibway is a very strong asset, but not required.
- First Aid Certification is an asset, but not required.
- Professional integrity and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality is essential.
- Valid driver’s license is preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Successful applicant must provide proof of both COVID-19 Vaccinations.
TO APPLY: Send your job application/resume to the Hiring Committee and include the Competition Number or the name of the position you are applying for:
- BY MAIL: P.O. Box 627, Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B1 OR
- BY FAX: (807) 737-4550 OR
- BY EMAIL: email@example.com OR
- DROP OFF YOUR APPLICATION AT ANY OF OUR OFFICES (ask the receptionist to fax your application to Human Resources)
***ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED***
However, we welcome applicants to contact HR if they wish to follow up on an application or inquire about other opportunities at Tikinagan.
AODA AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tikinagan Child and Family Services is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concern with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Tikinagan will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Tikinagan strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Tikinagan will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
Expected salary: $51683 per year
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Job date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 02:59:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!