Job title: Training/Employment Tech 1
Company: State of Georgia
Job description: Woodright Industries serves adults with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities in Bartow County and surrounding areas. Woodright provides Community Access (Individual & Group) and Prevocational Services, Transportation, Behavioral Support, Specialized Medical Equipment/Supplies, and Supported and Competitive Integrated Employment Services. Woodright Industries has been serving this community for 40+ years as a hybrid entity under Bartow County Board of Health and the State of Georgia.
Project SEARCH is a transition to work internship program for adults with disabilities. To reach the goal of employment the internship provides real-life work experience combined with training in a variety of transferable work and independent living skills. Full emersion into the workplace equips adults with disabilities to successfully enter the workforce. The program is hosted at a community business where the interns are provided daily training and support through a partnership with Woodright Industries.
In coordination with the Project SEARCH Instructor, provides training and support for Project SEARCH interns and host business mentors. Facilitates the training and integration of an adult with disabilities in a workplace internship and/or competitive work environment.
- Provide individualized support for Project SEARCH interns during the internships at the host business for the interns to acquire competitive and marketable skills. This could include:
- Initial training of internship task utilizing systematic instruction techniques
- Building natural supports
- Developing accommodations and identifying appropriate assistive technology
- Develop task analysis when needed to support the intern to learn and perform tasks to required productivity and quality standards
- Identify and implement training strategies and/or services in coordination with the Project SEARCH Instructor and host business staff.
- In coordination with the instructor and business liaison, identify and develop internship sites that offer a variety of opportunities to build marketable, competitive skills that lead to employment.
- Learn the host business site culture, rules, and expectations within each department and assist internes to understand and comply.
- Consult with host business department employees on tools and techniques that support intern learning and success.
- Communicate effectively with Project SEARCH Instructor, other skills trainers, internship department managers /mentors, co-workers, family members, and school and agency personnel as it relates to the intern being trained.
- Participate in training interns in the areas of grooming, hygiene, communication, interviewing, and work/social behavior as they relate to successful employment.
- Assess intern progress and give feedback to intern and team members.
- Provide travel training for the intern to get to the host business independently.
- Communicate with Project SEARCH instructor regarding issues that may affect intern success at an internship or in employment. These decisions may be related to continued skills training, fading, behavior, job tasks, etc.
- Submit and complete appropriate paperwork and enter data in the Member Portal.
. * Ability to work collaboratively, as a productive team member with the instructor, families, affiliate school and all agency personnel and stakeholders.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills which promote personal relationships with interns, families, host business, Project SEARCH team members, and outside agencies.
- Organizational ability, self-directedness, and initiative when given a variety of responsibilities and assigned tasks.
- Ability to make decisions and problem solve with a team of service providers.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
- Acceptable motor vehicle report.
We will also consider a contract position or part-time position.
High school diploma or GED AND ability to provide educational, social or direct care services to persons with diagnosed special needs or other populations.
Expected salary: $26000 – 35000 per year
Location: Bartow County, GA
Job date: Wed, 05 Apr 2023 23:14:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!