Job title: Summer Employment – Manufacturing
Job description: Description
Summer Employment – Manufacturing
INVISTA’s Kingston site has temporary summer employment opportunities available in our QA Labs, Warehouse, Parts Cleaning, Inspection and Material Handling areas of our facility. Successful candidates will be assigned to one of these area’s based on available opportunities at the time of hire. Work assigned requires problem solving skills and capability to perform the physical aspects of the role (lifting, bending, standing, pushing/pulling etc.)
All assignments require adherence to specific procedures and work practices related to manufacturing. Work is scheduled on 12 hour rotating shift (day and night shifts) to provide relief to the regular employees during summer vacation period.
The rate of pay for this role is $17.50/hour plus applicable shift premiums when working evenings, nights and Sundays.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Sample preparations, chemical handling, testing polymer samples using standard test methods, lab equipment corrective action, cleaning, and calibrations.
- Continuity of lab sample results to operating areas is dependent on ability to prioritize, communicate and respond to non-routine situations.
- Adherence to area standard operating procedures, safety rules, inspection, documentation, and record keeping ensuring sample methods are correctly run, reported and results are fed back through proper systems to operating areas.
- Work in an industrial environment with varying temperatures and conditions
- Prepare and load orders on trailers for customers, KDC, and US warehouses.
- Apply your keen attention to detail
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Work rotating, 12-hour work schedule that includes weekends and holidays, in a 24/7 operation
- Wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, hard hat, bump caps, gloves, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.) with or without accommodation
- Handling¸ storage and disposal of chemicals
- Packaging, shipping and receipt of parts to and from off-site vendors – spinnerets, pack parts, dies, etc.
- Delivering, building, cleaning, and inspection of pack components as per OI and SOPs
- Operating cleaning equipment, press, hoists and assembly equipment as per SOPs
- Inspecting finished product
- Packing finished product
- Manufacturing preparation
- Handling all waste from off standard product
- Completing daily sampling of product for quality assurance
- Participation in monthly safety meetings
- Railcar movement
- Oversite to raw ingredient make up process
- Managing inventory (both indoor and outdoor)
- Equipment and process checks
The Experience You Will Bring
- Demonstrate the ability to adhere to all site safety rules and practices
- Currently attend university or college in a full-year, full-time program (September to April).
- Be 18 years of age or older at the time of hiring
- Have a satisfactory work record during any previous employment with the Company
- Available to work the entire period of time as required – early May to the Labour Day weekend (subject to work availability)
- Able to work rotating, 12-hour work schedule that includes weekends and holidays, in a 24/7 operation
- Able to perform heavy lifting, pushing/pulling, walking, climbing, and standing
- Willing to work in an industrial environment with varying temperatures and conditions
- Able to work in a tobacco free environment
- Be available for an interview if contacted for further screening
What Will Put You Ahead
- University or College students with previous satisfactory performance with INVISTA
- Students enrolled in a manufacturing related discipline (e.g. engineering, instrumentation & controls, skilled trades, chemistry, physical sciences, or related fields) with a career direction toward the chemical or manufacturing industry
- University or College students with relevant experience in a physical team-based work environment
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants, in advance, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of kochcareers.com webpage.
Expected salary: $17.5 per hour
Location: Kingston, ON
Job date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 07:28:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!